Sat January 9th

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Got around 45 to 50 yellows and 1 white bass. Had a hard time staying on schools of fish they just wouldn’t stay put very long. I could only get between 5 and 10 fish from a school befor thay took of and it was hard to get on them. They were feeding agressive when schooled, but the 1 or 2 fish I found here or there were real hard to get to bite. The fish houses are realy scattered out now so I’m guessing everyone is just trying to learn the new layout and patterns of the lake. Got 1 report from the big lake and that was that the fish were around farmers for about a weak, but they are not getting much over there anymore. Also they aren’t even plowing a road by the island now. No one has been fishing it so I don’t know if that is because the fish aren’t there or nobody can get out there.

bluewing
    North Iowa

I asuume you where fishing Clear Lake.
    What depth did you find the yellow bass?

owen nelson
    Iowa

I have had good luck with real weeds.It holds the fish there a little longer.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

9 to 14′ They could be anywere though they seem to just roam the open water. I had the real weeds out sat It might have helped a little early in the morn but once thay are gone you have to go find more. They might have attracted a few straglers, but I never had any big schools come into them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.