yellows

• owen nelson
    Iowa

Are they going yet and is there alot of snow on the ice?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Only been over there 1 time so far this year that was sunday afternoon there was a lot of snow and about 3″ of slush on top of the ice didn’t get there till 11 am and only fished a couple hours without even a bite saw plenty of fish just didn’t want to eat. I did here last weak there were catching them by the bucket. I plan to stop back over on friday morn for a while. I’ll let you know how that goes.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

fished clear lake friday caught around 125 yellows. When a school came in you could catch 15 to 50 befor they moved on. 1 person could be pulling them out as fast as they could get there jig down and you could be 10 feet away and not even see 1 on the flasher. good news is that if your buddy is on some you could drill a hole 3 feet away and the fish did not spook and you could catch them to. Just had to drill a bunch of holes and keep moving around till you find a school. Getting the few individual fish you would see on a flasher to bite was tough but when the school came in they would just smash a buckshot rattle spoon with or without bait. Got quite a few 10 to 11″ fish smallest ones I caught were 8″ most were around 9 to 9.5″

bradl
    Mason City, IA

Sounds like a good day Mike. How thick was the ice?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

13 to 14 I drove out from macintosh

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

My wife and I are going Sat. Were you on the little lake or big lake? And if on the big lake, where from farmers were you? I’ve only been there a couple times and don’t really know the lake that well.

Ed

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Little lake just drove of macintosh boat ramp and parked in the middle of the permanents. Haven’t heard of anything on the big lake no one was really fishing on the big lake.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Thanks for the info, we’re going Sat. and will see what happens.

Ed

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

How did u do yesterday?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.