Clear Lake Yellows?

• walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

Thinking of making a trip to Clear on Sunday and was wondering how the yellows are biting.
    Thanks.
    Matt

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have heard reports from other forums. Looks like they scattered Hopefully they will start picking up when the water temp cools down.

mule170
    Bemidji

My uncle and cousin found lots of yellows on the SW side of the big lake. By the reeds in 3-4 FOW, they were using bobber and minnows. I fished for walleyes all day, very slow on the walleye side. A couple hundred jet skis and pleasure boats might have slowed down the walleye bite.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Last weekend they still seemed to be scattered. You would pick up one here and one there on each drift. Best luck was 8-10 foot deep but didn’t try the reeds as mentioned. Was fishing SW side as well.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

Fished the west end of the lake a week ago. We drifted from Macintosh ramp are to the rock grade on the west end. The best luck was in front of the weed bed farthest out into the lake in front of the dome house that used to be a bait shop. Drifted a slip 1/16 oz. slip sinker with a phelps floater about a foot above in 8-10 FOW. Caught over a 100 yellows several cats and a perch. These yellows on a ultralight are a blast to catch and great to eat. I forgot to mention we used small night crawlers on the floaters. Pink or white worked the best.

walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

thanks for the info guys, heading up in the a.m. I will post results when I get back.

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

Fished all over the lake Saturday. 44 yellows and a catfish on a 2-hook dropshot rig with a minnow and a worm. Drifting between the island and the north shore provided the fastest action.

walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

Fished Sunday in the little lake in 8 to 10 fow drifting with a hook and minnow under a slip bobber and a jig tipped with a crawler. Majority of the fish were caught on the minnow. Kept about 40 yellows for the day, fished from 9 to 3 around 2:30 the bite shut off for my boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.