Clear Lake Fishing?

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Taking the family to Clear for three days. We’ll be doing a lot of water activities but would like to take the boy’s fishing also. Anything biting? Thanks in advance. Doug

bthess
    Manly, IA

From what I have seen lately the best bet is a jig and a minnow/cut bait either early in the morning or late at night. Last Friday I marked several in 7 foot of water during the mid day but could not get much to go. I would definitely focus my time either early or late. Good luck and let post back how you did.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Heard the yellows are out in deep water NW of the island. Drift using jig and minnow or anchor and slip bobber it. Might be up that way saturday. Wife has to decide to either go for yellows or walleyes on the Miss.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Kraig- Look me up I’m running an 1850 brown/gold Crestliner and say I. Middle of the day I’ll be pulling tubers and skiers by the Methodist campground.

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

How was the bite? anything

baldwin4
    NE IA

Doug- How was the fishing? We didn’t even make over to the Miss. Storms rolled thru the area friday night. Not going to make it out this weekend, have Tripoli Days

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.