Clear Lake walleye report Monday 5-25

• Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

Got on the the lake at sunrise and fished hard. Hit most of the areas that generally hold fish with no sucess. Fished the Little Lake, Dodges Point, the Island, North Shore on the reefs, and the rushes on north shore with no sucess. We did catch 20 yellows doing so but we were targeting walleyes. Have fished Clear Lake since the early 80’s and not seen the walleye fishing this bad ever! Fished depts. from 5-14 ft. Yellows came on bottom bouncer and spinner with most caught at 6 ft. dept.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Been hearing alot og reports like yours I believe she is fished out Going to take a while for it to rejuvinate. Maybe the DNR will put in a slot limit

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I think there is a slot limit?? 14-24″ I believe – at least that is what I go by.

mindyc

Caught some eyes but it was very brutal. Saturday after the rain nothing caught in basin not even a yellow! Pulling minnows and leeches. Moved to the small pond mid afternoon and caught a 24″, 21″, 19″ , and 15″. All on leeches. Sunday fished all day mostly in small pond and just into basin and picked up another 24″ and a 19″, again all on leeches. We did try crankbaits for a bit but no luck. Very slow troll bite, drift to 0.5-0.8mph.

mkfrandle
    mason city, iowa

We fished on Saturday after the rain and caught a dozen walleyes. We caught a 23, 19, 15, and a 14. The rest were smaller. Caught a mess of yellows as well. Fished with slip bobbers in 5 feet. Returned on Sunday and caught more walleyes, but no keepers. The yellows were still strong. 5 feet seemed to be the trick as we did not catch much deeper.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Sounds like you found some Are they still dredging? Have not made it over yet this year. Just had surgery on my shoulder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.