Clear Lake??

• bthess
    Manly, IA

Any one been out since the snow this weekend?? Be curious what the water temps are at?? I had 42 before the snow storm so we should be fairly close.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

I was out Wed. the 8th. from 6-9pm. on the east shore area. Water temp. was 42 when we started and 40 when we left. There were about a doz. people wading from shore around the outlet. Did’nt catch a fish and did’nt see any caught. Need warmer nights to start things going. Did see the DNR putting out nets. This weekend should be much better.

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

how’s the fishing this weekend. I was going to go and 4 miles into my trip lost a bearing, hub and axle. So my plans are done for 3 days or 3 weeks If you catch them all please let me know so I can save a trip!

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

SS……….you didn’t miss a thing. The fishing is very slow. The DNR started netting Friday night. I haven’t heard any numbers on that yet.

We fished all over the lake sat. and the only place we caught fish was in the little lake by the grade. The water was 44-46 on the main lake and up to 50 in the little lake. I think things will pick up in a couple weeks when the spawn is over.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the report. Was thinking about heading up today. Sounds like a couple weeks will be about right. Ready for some yellow action also

bthess
    Manly, IA

Fished for about 6 hours yesterday and between boats landed 2 shorts. Stopped in at the hatchery and sounded like the #’s on walleye were expected to be lower. Plenty of musky though they were tagging. Seena 48″ and a bunch of 36″ to 40″ fish. This week hope to try it more at night as believe the day bite is slower

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

thanks for the report! I may try to get over there this week if the trailer is fixed. I hope that the bite picks up as it warms up. Did you fish the inlet alot?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.