Anybody been fishing?

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Fished Clear Lake from 3 to 6:30 tonight over by Hy-Vee reef and never marked a fish. Anyone know were there at this year. Havn’t herd anything good all ice season so far.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Do you have a GPS? I’d check around some of the sunken islands. Just my guess.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Yea I do just not sure what you meen by sunken islands. I’m assuming some of the many reefs that are shallower than the rest around it. That is basicaly what I was fishing there is also an artifitial weedbed nesx to it. Scince they started dredging the lake there have not been many good reports. I’m assuming that the change in habitat has altered the patterns of the fish. Used to be that there was a city of people fishing around the island. Sun night there were only a few empty permanents and everybody was fishing farmers beach without much suscess. Just wondering if anybody is at least catching a desent amount of yellows or any walleyes at all. Thanks for the sugestion though. It just hasn’t been working out like years past.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

The dredging WILL have some impact on ice fishing and it is going to be interesting to see. So far, it does seem to have a moderate impact on overall CL winter fishing.

According to a DNR guy I talked to they expect the dredging to have an EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY positive impact on fishing going foward.

Based upon the reports that I have most of the ice action is in the west end of the lake which tends to lean in the direction of the the dredging? Are the fish telling us something???

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I beleive that the dredgeing is one of the most positive things to ever happen to that lake. I have been thinking about trying the deep already dredged parts. Or at least on the edge.

baldwin4
    NE IA

From reading other reports from different forums, walleye bite has been bad all winter. Locals are saying it is going to be a few years to improve fish size again. It has been hit hard the last year or so. Yellows are biting in Farmers Bay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.