Anybody been on Clear Lake

• huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Merry Xmas Guys

Anybody been out on Clear Lake (Iowa)?? Gonna try and get over there this weekend, just looking for a report.

Thanks
    Marc

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Did you make it out there over the weekend? We did on saturday morning. It was windy and slippery. The ice was around 13″s thick with some snow, slippery ridges and slushy areas. We did see some trucks/cars driving out by farmers beach and east of the island. We decided to walk out in the morning to our spot. The yellows were cooperative as usual, but we only iced 2 walleyes with one being legal at 16″s. Jigging spoons with minnow heads worked well for us. The bite died around 10 am so we left.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Fish Them All

Thanks for the report. I didn’t get to Clear Lake, spent the time on some local lakes and chasing roosters! Gonna try and get there on New Years Day. Thanks for the update, you gonna be fishing Thursday? Let me know if you are.

Thanks,
    Marc

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the report. Should try to make it up that way sometime

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Quote:

Fish Them All

Thanks for the report. I didn’t get to Clear Lake, spent the time on some local lakes and chasing roosters! Gonna try and get there on New Years Day. Thanks for the update, you gonna be fishing Thursday? Let me know if you are.

Thanks,

Marc

I won’t be back down probably till next month. It is fun catching all those yellows with the occasional walleye. I’m still amazed at how fast they zoom up to your lure. Good luck on thursday.

honda75
    Iowa

Talked to a buddy who fished up there yesterday. Fished from 3pm till around 7pm. Not sure where at on the lake but they cleaned 23 yellows.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.