any reports

• kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Just seeing if anyone has been out?

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have read some reports from other sites saying fishing is real slow. Temp in little lake around 50 degrees and main lake running 47 degress as of wednesday 4/5/06. I’m hoping things will pick up there next week with the warmer temps coming.

honda75
    Iowa

I am heading up there tomorrow to give it a shot since the mississippi river is out of the question.

fishingwally1951

I was wading by the outlet yesterday. Caught a dandy male that was milking. Saw several other fish caught as well. One fish in two hours is not a hot bite. But it won’t be too long until it will turns on.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I did here from a decent source that the DNR shocked up quite a few crappie around rushes in small lake

honda75
    Iowa

was up there today for 6 hours and it was a complete bust to us. Saw a few eyes and yellow bass being caught but not many at all. Seemed as if you needed to anchor around the island and throw out with a bobber and wait.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Thanks for the reports guys hope to get out next weekend.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

When would you guys say the peak yellow bass run is? Like to get my 11 year old up there but not sure when the best time to go will be?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Last weak of May and the first weak of June

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks alot!!!

baldwin4
    NE IA

Anybody been out lately? Just curious on what the water temp is running.

honda75
    Iowa

Was up there last saturday and the lake temp. was at 41 degrees. Need a few more warm days to warm it up for the spawn i think.

jake1962
    Osage

Went fishing on Good Friday. Beautiful weather. Wind had changed to Northerly, from South on Thursday. Don’t know what impact that had. I had surface temps in the 50’s. There were a number of boats out. Tried at the outlet with lindy rig, floater, minnow. Caught a couple of 6″ walleye. Moved to the island where there was a group of boats generally anchored. Tried anchoring and slip bobber with minnow on bare hook. Caught a couple more of the 6″ walleye as well as one “nice” bullhead. Moved to North Shore and pulled cranks for a while with no hits. I suspect the change in wind didn’t help the day, but it was sure nice to be out. Guy at Dome said that activity had been increasing. My boat partner tried nightcrawler also with no real luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.