Clear lake May 14 /15

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

The last weekend was the classic and what a lousy weekend for it.The fishing was tuff trolling crankbaits put most of the fish in the boat there were fish caught shallow and deep with no dominant pattern .We had our best luck shallow on #7 jointed rapala,s in firetiger and#7shad raps in 9ft or deeper with chartruse working good when the sun shined and firetiger and gold black when cloudy.The bite was good before the weekend so I exspect when the weather warms and gets stable the lake is going to get good.The yellows were going good before the cool down so I exspect them to go as well when spring returns.Hopefully I can get a feild report in future when I thaw out

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

How did you finish?

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

We finished 4th and big fish Sunday good payday about 1500 we got lucky it sure was tuff fishing Hopefully Rathbun will be warm and nice and a good bite

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Way to go Joe! Good report. What was the winning weight? Big fish? Good luck on Rathbun!

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

The winning weight was 19# big fish sat. was 7# and we got a 6# on Sunday.If the weather was decent there would have been some big weights.I guess thats the challenge of tourny fishing not picking your days to fish but I can honestly say I am ready for some heat

superdave
    NE IA

Atta boy Joe! Good to hear things are picking up. Good luck at Rathbun at the GNWC.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

congrats on the finish. I couldn’t buy myself an eye.

Fished Sunday by myself. Trolled my butt off ended the day with a snaged bullhead

I guess thats fishing.
    See you at Rathbun Good Luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.