Clear Lake

• kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Got off work and headed to try out the new boat. Needless to say the boat ran great.

Started fishing around 6:30. Didn’t fish too hard but managed a few fish.
    My bro pulled a 14″ eye, a little snake and lost a nice eye at the boat. He was throwing a 2″ char. grub.
    Oh ya RING WORMS WORK on the lake. I pulled a 19″ eye and had a few short strikes. I also think I had a big musky or pike on. Felt the hit let it take it and set the hook the fish took off like a bat out of hell. Bent my rod about in half and out came the jig. All in all it was a beautiful night to be on the lake.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Is the lake all open now? We were up Saturday and there were a few spots with ice, Farmers, city beach, and Ventura. Where did you get the walleyes, if you dont mind me asking, cause we didnt even manage a bite in 3 hours.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

I didn’t get past the island but from what I seen its wide open. All the fish were taken at Dodges point. My boat does not have electronics so I can’t give you depth or temp.

Moe

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Thanks Moe-Might run into you up there sometime, we are there a lot.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Have the yellows started biting again up there?
    Nate

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Was on Clear Lake Tues the bite was good but not excelent. Did not go out on the main lake stayed in the bay at McIntash went to the inlet. Seen three muskys hooked with two landed all around 45 in. All released we boated 7 eyes and keep two eaters around 19 seen more caught from land also got whites and yellows in same area. jig and minnow . Water temp was 50 when we left but there is still ice on the south side of the lake.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

What time of day were you guys doing the best? How consisten was the bite with the yellows?
    Nate

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Post deleted by Moe

baldwin4
    NE IA

Has anyone been fishing since the rain went thru? Just curious if the fish are biting, thinking of running over there this saturday.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

We were at the grade in about 4 feet of water with a south wind and the temp was 50 when we left. The DNR was out shocking to get a sample to test for egg progress so they will know when to net. The water was around 46.5 when we got there. Just going by the gages. Hard for me to beleave too but that is what it was. Just thought people would like to know maybe not.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Moe,
    When were you out there last? How did you do? Is the dock in over at McIntosh Park?
    Nate

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Thanks for the post James I wasn’t trying to sound like an sorry if I did. Nate was there Monday night. Docks were not in yet. Plan on going tomorrow.

Thanks Moe

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Went to the lake today and the walleye fishing was good just not for me fished Dodges point most of the day and we caught 2 legal fish and a few short fish.It was one of them days where I could not do anything right but I witnessed alot of fish caught pitching jigs, slip bobbers, and slip sinker and floaters but we just didn,t get our share. I hope I got my CAN,T DO ANYTHING RIGHT TRIP out of the way for the year

superdave
    NE IA

Joe, what time were you out? I was out from about noon-5, I give about the same report. I saw more fish get caught over by the outlet, but not much size. I saw a guy on a dock keep a short fish, sure wish I didnt forget my cell phone in the truck . Anyway, it was a nice day to be out, water temp was 50 in the main lake, 55 in ventura bay. There was a pile of people out by the grade.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

We got on the water about 10 am the bite was best early but fish were caught all day

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Joe, sounds like fishing is going well down there. Should have came down there on sunday with nice weather, pool 4 was kinda slow with the high water and debris. Glad to hear you were out on the open water. Thanks for the report.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Anyone know if the docks are in yet?
    Nate

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ha Joe see you Sat on the water. Hope you can point me in the right direction. Jim

eyegetter

Fished Clear Lake on sunday and it turned out being a good morning. In our boat we caught about 25 fish in two hours. In the other boat they had about the same. It looked like to me that there were alot of people fishing dodges point and I don’t know about the outlet. The water temps. were about in the meddle 50’s so I am gessing that the spawn well be about done or it will go soon if the temps. stay the same.
    steve

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.