Saturday 8-28

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Trolling the deep water is still the way to go. Saw one guy tag a 38 inch muskie off one of the reefs. I bet he thought it was the state record walleye. You can also scratch an ocassional eye drifting over the reefs, but they seem to run smaller than the trolling bite. Should be a good fall on Clear Lake once the jetskies pack it in.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

John, anything on the yellows? I’m just waiting for the jet skiis to get off there. Northwest corner still active? Thanks. Clay

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey Clayfish,

Didn’t really try for the yellows, but you always catch a few. There weren’t a bunch of boats out front of the church camp, but it was kind of a rainy looking day Saturday. I’d say the yellows are scattered now and seem to be running a little smaller than in their best years. I had a 1/16th oz head with a bigger hook and was getting pecked pretty often so I’m thinking that those were yellows. When I went smaller and moved it more I picked up some yellows on Billy’s.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I spent most of the day chasing yellows with a friend and we ended up with 16 and 1 eye we caught a few every where with no definet pattern 9 on minnow 7 on crawler with the majority coming in deeper water south of big reef and the new reef off state dock I might add this was sat also

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Thanks John and Joe. Don’t think I’ll fight all the boat traffic for this Labor Day weekend, but may try the next weekend.

Clay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.