Clear Lake Report

• spkwms
    N.E. Iowa

Fished Clear Lake Friday June 4th and found Walleyes along the north shore out from the Baptist Camp. Fish were in 4-5 feet of water along the reeds and caught trolling #5 Shad Raps. Fire Tiger and Red Craw seemed to be the dominate colors. Everything I caught (approx 20 in 2.5 hours) was between 13 and 17 inches.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That’s a good report. My connections report the same thing. Got to get up there soon.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Fished Clear today 7am till 2pm. Pulled boards the whole time should have tried something else maybe. Put a 18 & 16 inch eye in the livewell for supper. Release 4 short eyes, 1 yellow and 1 white bass. Could have used alittle natural chop in the mourning. Had plenty of artifical chop in the late mourning early afternoon though

All in all it was a beautiful day on the water 75 sunny degrees better then sitting at home.

Good Luck all Todd.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

There is an excellent catfish bite going on at Clear right now. Buddy of mine fished this mourning boated 15 kept his 8 fish limit. Kept mostly 2-4 pounders and threw back the larger ones up to 9 lbs. He was drifting a swimming jig and crawler trying to catch eyes and couldn’t keep the cats off. He was drifting near fishermans reef. If you like cat might be worth the trip.

Good luck Todd

chaos

Fished clear lake friday night the bite was good for walleyes.we caught a 21″, 2 19″ and 1 17″ all in about a 1 hr. span. Trolling cranks off hyvee reef. heard of a couple 27″ caught and talked to another boat that limited out pulling cranks off gilmores.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I wish I had had more time on Sunday morning. I think Clear Lake has improved a lot in the last few years.

ciscore
    Mason City, IA

Quote:

I think Clear Lake has improved a lot in the last few years.

I definately have to agree. I used to fish there all the time when I was younger and we’d never get anything but bullheads. These last few times have been great for walleye and I hope to get a couple catfish tomorrow night when I go.

chaos

Fished clear lake monday morning got a 20′ & 17″ caught 5 sub legal and about 20 yellows

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I fished Clear Lake on sat. with my daughter with my daughter and we caught a mixed bag 2 eyes 3 silver 2 yellows all on crankbaits in 5to9 ft of wateR. The has bite has slowed down a little. The most productive bait for us were #7 jointed rapalas color didn’t seem to matter today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.