Comfort lake?

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Anybody fish Comfort Lake on the northside of hwy 8? I’ve never fished it, and I am thinking about giving it try this weekend for perch, crappies, & maybe walleyes. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I grew up in Andover and the legend was it was good for sunnies. No verification of that though.

Good luck!

Sully

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the input Sully. I see there is a sand point on the southeast end of the lake. I might work that area pretty good. Luckily the lake is small so I can eliminate water quickly.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I hit the lake around 7:45 am and started drilling holes. I fished in 10-25 feet of water first and found a bunch of small perch. After a few hours I moved out into 30 feet of water and found some fish suspended. I was able to coerce 1 8 inch crappie to bite. I moved around a bit and drilled holes into 43 feet of water and did not mark any other suspended fish. It was around noon now so I headed to south center for some sunfish action. I found some active fish in 7-8 feet of water. I headed back to Comfort lake for the crappie evening bite around 4. I found some 8-9 inchers in 30 feet as the sun went down. They were pretty picky and most of the fish I marked that were suspended would not move toward my lure. I am thinking the cold weather had an effect and fishing. One thing to note is that this lake was very dirty for this time of year. Another fisherman said it just became really cloudy this week. He said usually you can see a ways down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.