Rush Lake Report and Pics

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I fished West Rush Lake on Saturday, 3/19. My buddy and I got on the lake at 11 am. After checking about 20 holes and drilling some of our own, we found fish in 38 fow. The fish were suspended all the way up to 15 feet off the bottom. It didn’t take long to ice a half dozen fish hitting the 10 inch mark. The fish started to move on us so we moved down into 40 fow. For another 2 hours my buddy and I sorted through another many fish to get another dozen keepers. At 3 pm I did some hole hopping and caught a ton of fish. I would go to a hole and pick off 2 or 3 aggressive fish and then move to the next. I caught another 5 very nice fish doing this. By 3pm we had out limit of 9+” crappies and released many more. The whole time we never went more than 10 minutes without a bite.

I jigged a green horizontal jig with a waxie and a minnow head. I caught an equal amout on both baits. My friend jigged an orange lure with a full minnow and had another deadstick too. Jigging produced majority of the fish, but the deadstick did well too. Here is a picture of our limit.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

This is a shot from the inside of my Fish Trap. There is 10 feet of solid fish on the Vexilar. The zoom is on 2X and I was in 40 fow. The fish are as high up as 28 feet. I also pulled two out of 20 feet. Every time out this winter I have found the fish stacked just like this. The action is fast and it takes a lot of sorting. Perfect for taking some kids out.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Damn, that awesome to see fish like that on the vex. Good report.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice work Bigfife. Glad to see they can be found during the day like that. That looks like one heck of a school of fish on the vex.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

BigFife, big crappie from the lake clean up a couple weeks ago, fished by you and your dad. Where you in the same spot?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice report. Good to see people still getting out. Some of the best panfishing will be in the next 2 weeks.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Bigcrappie, I was about 50 yards South of where we were. I did walk over to where we were two weeks ago and I pulled up three keepers as fast as I could get the jig down. Moving around and picking up those aggressive biters was a blast. I had some come up 10 feet from the rest of the school.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

hey big fife , that shack looks pretty familiar
    glad to see it get some good use !! how do you like it ?
    p.s nice fish

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Some use?, I worked that thing to the hilt. A good portable makes ice fishing so much easier. That baby was worth every cent. Thanks again. We’ll have to get together next year and pound some crappies.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

sounds good to me ! maybe ill see ya on the water

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.