Rush Lake

• eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Anybody have any reports on Rush Lake?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I guess I will update my own post then. Had a club tourney up on Rush in Chisago county. (Bass)10-02-04. Had a major cold front the day before and really turned bass off. Only 2 limits weighed. 13 + pounds to win for 5 fish. 4.5# big fish. Some guys had great practice though. Real big fish and good numbers. We also caught some nice muskies in 2-7′ of water on jigs and tubes by accident.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Thanks for filling us in. Wish I had some news for ya havent been up there at all.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The lake is full of pigs. Best time I had there was while they were still on inside edges. While sight fishing we didn’t bother casting unless it was over 3lbs. I’ve done good as well in the pads in the summer. Never fished it in the fall. Wht we the best techniques?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Anything shallow. You couldn’t get shallow enough. Reeds won the tourney, pads were good, and of course some fish were taken off docks. Jigs, texas rigged anything, and spinnerbaits seemed to be the best. The deepest weed growth that was left was maybe around 4 feet and that was sparse. So just getting up in the stuff and working slow was the ticket. Some guys were drifting through the reed beds and picked up fish too. Lots of duck hunters to try not to interfere with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.