Great weekend on the Chip

• jld
    Holmen

My son and I spent four days last week at our family cabin on the Chippewa River bagging grouse and landing muskie. I brought a beautiful 40″ muskie in that I will post a picture or two next week of. We are heading back again this weekend hoping these toothy critters are still on the feed. What a great way to fish. Step one-open a beer. Step two rig a sucker rig and toss it in the river. Step three sit by a camp fire listening to a football game. Step four land a nice fish. I caught the 40″ on Sat the 27th and lost a mid 40’s fish on Friday afternoon. Both fish were hooked about 4:00 in the afternoon. This is our first year on this portion of the Chippewa and it has been fantastic. We caught several sturgeon this summer as well over 40″‘s and have seen a few over 60″ taken right in front of our cabin. Throw in lots of smallies and few walleyes and now nice muskies, what a great year. I may never have to drag the boat out onto a lake again when we are up north. Plus the grouse hunting has been great the couple of times we have been out.

bigpike

The more I explore this river the more treasure I find. Glad to hear you doing good! Post some pictures and go for the 50″+ they are in there. Keep a few grouse alive for us

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.