Chippewa Falls Dam 01/05/07

• Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

With the nice weather and reading about all the fish being caught on the Mississippi, the little guy and I decided to test the waters below the dam in Chippewa Falls.
    I tried to talk R.J. into going out in the boat to try the Chippewa Flowage (as the launch is open again) but he wanted to fish from shore (i.e climb the rocks) We grabed some minnnows from Gordy’s hardware and fished for about three hours I caught seven eye’s in the slot 15 1/2, acouple of 16 1/2 and a couple over 17. Just couldn’t get that one over 18in. Of course I forgot the camera. Had company for awhile and that gentleman caught more than me. All in all a great day to be out and had fun catching fish half came on 1/8oz jig w/chart yummie twister and others just on 1/16oz jig both tipped with fatheads. Going to try to get out in the boat before the launch freezes up will post if I do.

Chippman

Don Hanson

Sounds like you had a good few hours of fishing. thanks for the post.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I was out on the flowage the other day. I caught a few smallies and about a dozen eyes, most were in the slot. The one I did catch out of the slot was 21″. I caught them on an electric blue ring worm with a white tail. I’m also hoping to get out a few times more with the warm weather.

Don Hanson

You fishing from shore a boat?

krisko
    Durand, WI

I had my boat out there. The launch was wide open…infact there hasn’t been much ice there at all this year. In case you are confused I’m fishing between the Wissota and Chippewa Falls dams….I’m sure that is where you thought anyway.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Glad to hear you got some I did’nt make it out in the boat decided to try bow hunting for the last weekend instead of course I should have gone fishing. I did get all the stands down and put away though.
    Krisko did you fish by the dam or deeper water?

Chippman

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Kids had a birthday party the the movies so I decided to brave the chill and toss some jigs and minnows. First cast and wham!! rod bent goooood head shaken I thought big eye after ten minute fight in the current had first look before it pulled drag back to the deep, hummmm an eye with spots nah finally got it in 24in musky in January can you say global warming. Anyway it was fun had a half doz other hits typical eye’s should have used a stinger type hits.
    Not bad for Jan!!!! Chippman

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.