Chippewa River Fishing

• krisko
    Durand, WI

Well where to start…how about at the end, of the Chippewa that is. I had wanted to get out on the Chippewa the other day for a couple of hours and is all I can say is, “BOY IS IT LOW!” The Chippewa River from as far as I can tell looks more like a creek. We were unable to go up the river from the Mississippi like we used to and any thing other than a River Pro or tunnel hull is gonna get you anywhere. So with that said I can tell you I didn’t do any fishing on the lower half of the river. We did get out and do some fishing on rock in the Pepin area and did excellent on bluegills.

Last night I got out on the Chippewa near my house below the Wissota dam. The Smallies were on a tear. I guess the rock bass were too. I had taken my wife and sister-in-law out and with them in the boat I like to keep fishing simple and had them using slip bobber rigs. It did the trick, with a chunk of crawler on it. They probably caught 20 smallies in the couple of hours we were out there. The biggest though was only 14″. I’m gonna try to get out there soon and get a good fishing report. I also want to try the Chippewa above Lake Wissota.

crank205
    la crosse wis

1st week in Aug Im going to Chippewa Falls for a week –I fish the Mississippi River out of La Crosse, Wis–going to spend that week at Lake Wissota and any near by fishing areas–bringing my 16ft pro-Angler Lund w/ 50 horse–and all type of fishing gear–Cats, bullgills, crappies, walleyes–whatever is there to be worked for–.. any advise or suggestions would be more than welcomed–

les_welch

the last 2 weeks have been extremely slow for walleyes on wissota and the surrounding river!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.