Chicago

• Jason

The Chicago gang violence is drug related.
    End the War on Drugs.

Someone once told me that you can’t fix stupid.
    Maybe give them more drugs, booze, and free $ and everything will work itself out over time.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The Chicago chief of police committed suicide last night.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It was actually the Deputy Chief of Police. Second in command and recently was promoted.

Illinois also just added Wisconsin to their list of states that require quarantine if visiting the state. Mandatory 14 day isolation upon arrival, similar to what has been going on with other states.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Illinois also just added Wisconsin to their list of states that require quarantine if visiting the state. Mandatory 14 day isolation upon arrival, similar to what has been going on with other states.

Not the State of Illinois, the City of Chicago. Not all IL residents live within the city limits.

HRG

To put this in perspective, the state of IL has 12.6 mil residents, only 2.7 mil live within the city of Chicago.

the entire state of MN has 5.7 mil residents.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

It was actually the Deputy Chief of Police. Second in command and recently was promoted.

Yeah, two weeks ago. I heard something that ten officer’s have taken their own lives in the past 24 months.

Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

I wish Peace – Love – the end of the Corona Virus and Walleyes for all!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not the State of Illinois, the City of Chicago. Not all IL residents live within the city limits.

My bad, thank you for clarifying.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

That is terrible. It is sickening what a certain segment of society and certain politicians are doing to our law enforcement. Just sickening.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

It is sickening what a certain segment of society and certain politicians are doing to our law enforcement. Just sickening.

Maybe the police need to be selective in who they choose to protect in the political realm? If I was a cop feeling the chokehold being applied to me in what I can do to maintain law and order I know I’d be pretty selective about who in that political arena that’s trying hard to strangle me that I’d be willing to protect during the course of their duties.

I have zero time for all this on-going protest crap. They’ve already burned out any good that the original protests may have garnered. Now they’re just there to destroy. Id ok with live ammo right now. The segment of society causing all the trouble have already proven they are just trash so I’d be fine with taking it out. Enough is enough. And yes, if the government needs to use the military to corral these domestic terrorists, by all means use it. Live ammo time. These idiots are like crows and understand only one thing…..BOOOM.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    It is sickening what a certain segment of society and certain politicians are doing to our law enforcement. Just sickening.

Maybe the police need to be selective in who they choose to protect in the political realm? If I was a cop feeling the chokehold being applied to me in what I can do to maintain law and order I know I’d be pretty selective about who in that political arena that’s trying hard to strangle me that I’d be willing to protect during the course of their duties.

I have zero time for all this on-going protest crap. They’ve already burned out any good that the original protests may have garnered. Now they’re just there to destroy. Id ok with live ammo right now. The segment of society causing all the trouble have already proven they are just trash so I’d be fine with taking it out. Enough is enough. And yes, if the government needs to use the military to corral these domestic terrorists, by all means use it. Live ammo time. These idiots are like crows and understand only one thing…..BOOOM.

Cool story, bro.
    Glad you got it all figured out.

Fish To Escape

Just so everyone knows what you are advocating. Are we getting rid of the whole constitution or just the parts you don’t like Tom?

Beast

I seen in Milwaukee for the up coming Dem Convention they were telling the cop what they could and couldn’t do to protect them, The cops said fine, just provide your own protection, It will be interesting to see how that plays out

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Personally if Wisconsin residents have to quarantine if they go to Chicago (I don’t know why anyone would unless for work) then anyone from Chicago had better quarantine when they come to Wisconsin.
    No Dells water parks, no guided fishing trips, supper clubs, etc. JMO

walleye216

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

You spend a lot of time commenting on something that you have zero time for. And don’t worry I don’t think anyone is going to ask you to be a cop anytime soon.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Toms plan may not be all wrong,like with any plan it needs some fine tuning.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

If forced to take a side here, I’ll take Tom’s.

Tell me, since when is it OK to destroy public property? Destroy buildings? Attack and assault police officers?

And I fully agree these rioters are not a productive part of society. Grab the welfare check and then go protest, instead of getting a job. Gimme a break

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Before the pandemic slow/shut down just about ANY type of job was available. Signs everywhere stating “We are hiring or Apply now”
    People not working complaining NO JOBS–BS!
    Only people that didn’t have jobs were people that didn’t want a job, period!!

Now they have time to protest, destroy, steal, you name it, and claim it is for equal rights. I call BS!

A person has to have enough pride to WANT to better themself. Having the government hand you more money isn’t the answer.

As far as the robbers and vandals– night sticks and bullets seem necessary.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s gotta be getting expensive getting all those out of town protesters into Portland for the last two months. Arrest 3 planes full of them and fly them to Bangor Maine and drop them off. Let them figure out where to go and how to get there from there.

Deuces

It’s gotta be getting expensive getting all those out of town protesters into Portland for the last two months. Arrest 3 planes full of them and fly them to Bangor Maine and drop them off. Let them figure out where to go and how to get there from there.

Plenty of colonist statues out that way to protest, I’m sure they’d stay busy lol doah

Lou W

Cool story, bro.
    Glad you got it all figured out.

The politicians sure don’t have it figured out.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Not really. The government gives them $600.00/wk to not work and spend their free time rioting. When that money ends it seems that the government want to still give them $200.00/wk to raise he//. When arrests are made the government needs to cancel any and all unemployment money on those persons since its pretty obvious that they enjoy doing nothing but cause trouble to get paid.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If forced to take a side here, I’ll take Tom’s.

Tell me, since when is it OK to destroy public property? Destroy buildings? Attack and assault police officers?

Thankfully still in this country you are not “forced” to take a side. You may choose yet upon your own free will.

It is not okay to commit any crimes unless I suppose you’re the one commiting them.

However, we cannot just start shooting (executing) criminals.

Violent protesters damaging property, bank robbers, thieves…where do you draw the line?

Which crime deserves being shot on the spot?

Tiananmen Square is a history lesson. We do not want to become a “People’s Republic”

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Trump just floated the idea of delaying the general election. Also continues to claim the election will be inaccurate. Hard to argue he’s setting us up to at least have a vote recount and at worst protests, unrest, conflict between both sides, potentially riots. I sure hope neither of those things happen but neither would surprise me.

Question if Trump loses and pro Trump fans protest the election results and cause a “disturbance” in cities resulting in crimes being committed should we be firing live rounds into them too?

Just trying to understand who gets lead

People always assume that they wont be the ones getting fired at but when you start talking about dismantling rights that protect EVERYONE the gun gets pointed at YOU at one point or another as the government ideological pendulum starts to swing. We are this great nation because we have a solid constitution that protects peoples rights. As mentioned by Andy we don’t need a Tiananmen Square or night of the long knives scenario here

OG Net_Man

Is free speech any longer free?

There is a segment of society that thinks free speech is only allowed if you agree with them. They prefer to silence any one with a opposing opinion with out a valid discussion and exchange of ideas. And if you are lucky enough to share and be heard with your opposing opinion they desire to ruin your life in any way possible.

This is usually the same segment of the population that no longer undersides the definition of the word peaceful.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I dont think most pro-Trump people are the sort to riot and destroy their own country. That is clearly another thought process and one that used to be kept in check. Regardless of who wins the election that behavior needs to be corrected or the great experiment is pretty much over.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Trump just floated the idea of delaying the general election. Also continues to claim the election will be inaccurate. Hard to argue he’s setting us up to at least have a vote recount and at worst protests, unrest, conflict between both sides, potentially riots. I sure hope neither of those things happen but neither would surprise me.

Question if Trump loses and pro Trump fans protest the election results and cause a “disturbance” in cities resulting in crimes being committed should we be firing live rounds into them too?

I think trump would loose if they had a sensible candidate going against him. But Biden is a idiot.
    And I cant see most trump supporters as the protesters that destroy American property. Just doesn’t fit the ticket

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I dont think most pro-Trump people are the sort to riot and destroy their own country. That is clearly another thought process and one that used to be kept in check. Regardless of who wins the election that behavior needs to be corrected or the great experiment is pretty much over.

Yes i will agree that from what i understand anyway no pro Trump protest has lead to rioting. Pro Trump supporters have been instigators of crimes one could argue but nothing along the lines of what is happening in MPLS ect.

My main point was once you start removing peoples rights you open it up for all sorts of different interpretations of the law and history has shown us it doesn’t take much for someone in power to stretch the law in their favor and act in atrocious ways.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Chicago’ is closed to new replies.