Chevy Tahoe / GMC Yukon 5.3 and 6.2 reliability.

• tswoboda

LOL fair enough jester

This thread is just great to see brand loyalty is still alive and well!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Did it grenade and was just undrivable? Or were you able to drive it into a shop. I don’t have a problem limping it to a shop, I just don’t wanna be stuck on the side of the road.

Ours just shuttered really bad and we towed it to a shop. It was able to drive to the shop but putting it on my trailer was the better choice.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

LOL fair enough jester

This thread is just great to see brand loyalty is still alive and well!

With the woman running 2 different mechanical shops I have the ins and outs of lots of vehicles. I’m not brand loyal, but I am far from a gm guy, I used to be gm only but that changed around 2012. I’m more so a powerstroke guy these days but I run rams and they have Givin me lots of trouble free miles. Nothing I own is stock though. Everything is tuned for performance

toddrun

A buddy of mine is a mechanic for a fleet service, I just had this conversation with him at a sporting event we attended. His basic opinion, all brands have good and bad, he would not recommend any specific truck brand. Everything this are buying this year is the GM 6.6L gasser. He said they will not buy any Ford Ecoboost turbo’s again, too many issues. Diesels are too much maintenance and cost, although they run a few. All of the 5.3L GM’s they had, they had a re-programmer to disable cylinder on demand, ran in performance tow mode with 91 octane or E85.

I asked if he were buying a new truck today, what would he buy. He didn’t know specifically which, but said he would definitely not buy new, would look for anything pre-COVID years. Today’s quality is crap on all brands.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.