Cheap tires?

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Any suggestions on a decent cheap tire I can get for my truck? It’s a 99′ Silverado that will probably be replaced in the next year or two, sooner if something major happens. I’d keep running the rubber I’ve got on there but they’re getting borderline dangerous and need replacement. The few places I’ve looked are 600-700 installed for cheap road tire – maybe that’s the best I’ll get?

Anyone ever buy used tires or take offs from someones new truck?

17″ wheel – current tire size is 265 70 R17

Thanks,
    Pete

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Check with some local tire shops and put a set of used ones on it!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I got mine (17″ rims on a Dodge) thru Discount Tire for just over $500 last year I believe. And they are warranteed.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Check with some tire places or garages for some used ones. They can get you by.
    I called the place I used recently but they didnt have any. Too bad this didnt come up earlier this year or I could have had you covered.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I just got some $1100 Good years for $450 installed at Discount tire. One of the guys that works there bought them and then sold his truck so he took them off and put some cheap tires on there. Look on Craig’s list for some take offs.
    There is a place in Anoka that sells used tires also, but for $600 road runners at FF I would go that route.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Check Sam’s Club for pricing. Even if you’re not a member, their prices have been so good that even factoring in buying a membership just for the tire purchase, I’d still come out ahead.

Grouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.