Chaqurmagon Bay report

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

We got up there Friday at noon and stopped in the River rock bait store. Very friendly and helpful. We went for walleye, but was told we were a few days early for them. We met up with friends and launched near the power plant. Trolled down past plant and picked up 1 Northern. Sat AM the wife and I hit the water out of the 2nd landing. While I talked with a local about possible walleye around he was saying that there were salmon out around the point of Long Island. While trolling around the launch for an hour and not finding any sign of walleye, We cranked up aqnd headed out 5 miles. Sure enough they were there! Lots of boats too! lol. I am fairly new with planer boards , So I set them all up and got to trolling. The wife hooked up with her 1st ever Coho Salmon. Missed another than she hooked up with a 5 # Lake trout. She /we missed another substantial fish then snagged about a 20# sturgeon by the tail. What a cluster he caused. Pulled the inside board completely under and proceeded to head for deep water. Meanwhile going under 4 lines and 2 board lines. We called it after I got everything cleaned up. Came home Sunday. Was a good trip and learning experience tho.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Not sure why thats blocked out…

NofHwy8
    baldwin, WI

Hey chappy,

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a little excitement up there! How was the launch? I dont have a flawless boat but I’m always weary of going somewhere and not knowing what the launch is like. This is one of my bucket list spots. I was thinking more mid summer because the water is so cold. Anyway nice report(not sure how you got it blocked out lol). Best of luck fishing!

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Skillet, I have used the launch they call the Second landing. It is into a walled off harbor and is a decent launch. I have a 21′ Skeeter. Large parking lot also.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

It’s been 3 years, but there was a sunken log on that landing as you left for a few years. No clue if it’s still there but FYI.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I talked to a local that weekend and he made no mention of it. I didn’t see anything….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.