Center Rod Storage holder/rack?

• Husker26
    Gretna, NE

I’ve got a 1999 Fisher FX 18 DV that has the center area on the bow for rod storage and it came with just a wide open space in there. I’m wondering for those of you out there that have the holes for rod storage that you slide them in to hold the rods separate, do you like those or would you prefer just having a wide open space? I’ve never had the “holes” to put them in. Contemplating building or buying something that has the holes for individual holes. Any input?

The picture is stock but hopefully you can get the idea. Mine doesn’t have an organizer

Attachments:
    1. CenterConsole_LI.jpg

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Usually the holes are the ends of tubes. I have them in my Lund… and I “think” if I had the boxed in area I would be happier. My issue is if I pull the tubes, I’m left with them bumping around on the metal floor in less than a nice clean setting. You have the box there….

Most that uses an open style goes to using rod and even reel socks.

There are a number of guys on here that have removed the tubes and such that you are contemplating adding.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Save the money and trouble and get yourself rod socks and just pile them in.

Whateverbites

My lund has 8 tubes, i want to pull them out, i could put more in with rod slicks in open area

munchy
    NULL

If it were mine I would forget the tubes and just lay the rods where they land. However I would be inclined in making a handle support with a bunch of holes and THESE installed over them. You slide the butt into them and the fingers grab and hold the rod. It would keep the rods relatively organized, separated, and tangle free, the reels up off the floor, and allow you to place more rods in the bottom if desired. I’ve seen a couple bass pros do it similar.

*EDIT sorry, link didn’t work…go here…

http://greatlakesskipper.com/lund-boats-2008234-black-3-1-2-inch-plastic-boat-grommet-fishing-rod-holder

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

If it were mine I would forget the tubes and just lay the rods where they land. However I would be inclined in making a handle support with a bunch of holes and THESE installed over them. You slide the butt into them and the fingers grab and hold the rod. It would keep the rods relatively organized, separated, and tangle free, the reels up off the floor, and allow you to place more rods in the bottom if desired. I’ve seen a couple bass pros do it similar.

*EDIT sorry, link didn’t work…go here…

<a href=”http://greatlakesskipper.com/lund-boats-2008234-black-3-1-2-

inch-plastic-boat-grommet-fishing-rod-holder” rel=”nofollow”>http://greatlakesskipper.com/lund-boats-2008234-black-3-1-2-inch-plastic-boat-grommet-fishing-rod-holder

This seems interesting! I have gone to using and making my own rod sleeves. It was really easy and not to expensive. After all the input I think the open box is the way to stay! I appreciate the input.
    Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.