Last two contests of the year

• Moores Bait

Moore’s Bait & Tackle will be holding its last Catfish contest of the year Saturday September 15th. the rules remain the same where the boundries are concerned. Those being from the Trussel bridge in Carver to the confluence of the Mn and Mississippi on the MN river. Then pools one and two (Coon Rapids damn down to the hastings damn) on the Mississippi. Hours are from 7:00 pm Saturday to 6:00 am Sunday, with the weigh in at Moore’s at 3:00 pm Sunday afternoon. This is a catch and release contest as always with the submition of a picture with length and girth at the weigh in. Places will be awarded for both Flatheads and Channels. This will be our last chance at larry and Dtro, so lets give it our best shot. Hope you can make it.

Moore’s Bait & Tackle will also be holding only one Lake Sturgeon contest this season. it is scheduled for Saturday September 22nd between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. The bounderies are from the Taylors Falls Damn, down stream to the mouth at Prescott WI on the St Croix River. There will be Three payout spots for this event, with the entry fee being $10.00. If you got tired of getting beat by larry and Dtro during our Catfish contests. The one to beat (keep their eye on) is our own Whisker Hooked, out of two contests last year her average weigh ins were 57.5 inches. Once again this is a catch and release contest with the weigh in being of a photo and measurements of length and girth. The weigh in will be held at Moore’s on Sunday the 23rd at 3:00 pm.

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

Count me in.

brandy
    Minneapolis, MN

Feeling a little pressure now! We’ll see what happens! I’m just looking forward to catching one! Thanks for organizing the contest Bob!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I’ll put on the calender!

Thanks for organizing one Bob…I was a little dissapointed when you said you might not.

Moores Bait

No sence in keeping all those new hooks in the bag, figured you would like a reason to use them. As for Whisker Hooked, alitte pressure is good for you. Hope you do well again this season, who knows maybe even Karl will catch one….

alan34
    MN

I think I can make this one Bob. I will be there. Maybe I could be the big winner this time.

brandy
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

As for Whisker Hooked, alitte pressure is good for you. Hope you do well again this season, who knows maybe even Karl will catch one….

OOUCH!!! Hopefully he’ll catch more than one! Gotta even out the number of pics in our photo album!
    Have to admit though, he’s definitely in the lead with the catfish this year!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pug likes the time period for contest #2.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I might even have to enter this one(Sturgeon).. I am sure Brandy can make good use of my money

How are these contest going to work? Do people need to be present to collect prizes?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.