Out to have fun

• Moores Bait

Due to logistical problems Moore’s Bait & Tackle will not be holding what was to be the first of six in what was billed as the “2007 greater metro catfish contest/league”.
    We are however holding a contest for those who already told their wives they were going fishing this Saturday.

We are keeping many of the same rules from last year, with the exception of a boundary change. The entry fee is still only $10.00 with 100% payout. Hours run between 7 pm Saturday night thru 6am Sunday Morning. The boundries have been widened to include the Carver Bridge to the confluence on the MN river, and pools one and two of the Mississippi river.

With pictures in hand, and length and girth measurements, a winner for both Channel and Flathead will be determined at 3:00 pm that Sunday afternoon at Moore’s. If Audemp holds true to form, and that is what I am hoping for, lots of Pizza will be on hand.

You may register at Moore’s anytime prior to the start of the contest. If your planning on boating during the contest, be careful out there.

larry_haugh
    MN

Sounds Good to me.
    Lets see if the streak continues. I’ve partnered up with my old Nemisis DTRO in hope that I can take the first place away and let him have second after what he did to me last year.
    DTRO you know its all in jest mate……

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Ok, this year it’s yours. In return…….BP cat leauge

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Ok, this year it’s yours. In return…….BP cat leauge

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The suspense is killing me.

I looked at the schedule and I new the May tourney was going to be one I skipped. Too close to opener when I pay my respects to lesser fish and a flathead bite that would have been iffy. Not that fishing for channels is something I don’t like to do, but when dedicating to a night of fishing I’d like to have a shot at an Ollie.

Anyway, I can’t wait to hear what happened. Hopefully everyone made it back safe, dry and warm.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Flat bite iffy?

I know of 2 or 3 40+ pound fish caught already, with quite a few from 10-30lbs.

Yes, it’s early, but they are eating.

The official results aren’t in yet, but I know Larry and I were happy with our outing

Rumor has it, one of the biggest channels I’ve heard of out of the MN was caught last night

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well I made the decision about a month ago when we were having 30 degree highs.

How many flatheads were caught last night?

“The official results aren’t in yet, but I know Larry and I were happy with our outing” – That’s the real reason I didn’t fish it

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

As the title explains it “Out to have fun” is exactly what it was, a fun night on the river. Out of the 8 contestants I think 4 flats were caught and 3 or 4 channels as well. The fish of the night was Bob Moore’s 22lb Channel that measured 34″x21″! What a sumo. That one obviously won the Channel division and yours truly took home the prize for the Flathead division with a 16.5 lb 33″x20″ fatty.

Still waiting on that sumo channel picture, here is my flat along with Larry’s biggest of the night.

Keep your eyes open for a Minnesota River report from Larry

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice job Bob, I hope to see the pict soon. DTRO, we have to start figuring out a handicap system for you to give the rest of us a chance (You too Larry). It’s pretty much a lock I will be donating my money in the next tourney. Those flats are a beautiful site. Larry, that isn’t a bass.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Holy balls! Let’s see a pic of that sumo! Congrats

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think Bob is just going to put the picture up in-store. That way you have to go in to see it. Hey, while your there why don’t you stock up on tackle!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

I think Bob is just going to put the picture up in-store. That way you have to go in to see it. Hey, while your there why don’t you stock up on tackle!

Easy mates. The long awaited SUMO can you believe this monster!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

That is just a hog!

I know that’s a scan Larry, so I cleaned up a bit of the noise and cropped it a bit tighter.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow! Oink oink! Color me green with envy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats to all that fished…and to Larry and Bob!

Mr. Moore, I’m thinking that will be the big channel picture of the year for this area!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.