8 more days!

• sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Til we dance again my dear Anyone else ready to feel the pull? Shine up those dancing shoes boy’s

Bob Bowman
    MN

Can’t wait Bro!!

I love the crawler hanging out of her yap

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

UGLY !!!!!!!!

And the fish aint that pretty either

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

UGLY !!!!!!!!

And the fish aint that pretty either

I think somebody is scared

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I think somebody is scared

If they only had BOOBies!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

3 more days. . Started working on the boat tonight. Pulled all the walleye rods and tackle out of it. Pulled the seats, trolling motor and anything else that is not needed for sturgeon. She is stripped down. Grease, oil and bearings are in order tomorrow night. Need to get a trailer light hooked up.

Found the sturgeon rods from last year in the corner of the garage. Sinkers, swivels and hooks where not far away. Need to throw a good hook remover in the tool box along with small cutting board and knife for chopping crawlers.

Thursday is doing a little grocery shopping. Throwing some clothes together. Getting done any other odd and ends that need to be done and hoping to be on the road between 5 and 6pm. That should put us up there a little before midnight. On the water friday morning.

Now how is that for a plan. It sounds so good the following weekend we are going to repeat it again.

See you guys up there.

Nosbi007

I can’t wait. Just got back from a day trip walleye fishing and saw about a 50 incher caught. It has got me JACKED!!!! I’ll be up there for the dance the next two weekends as well. See ya all there.

folke2000

I am a rookie to this whole sturgeon thing, and have a couple of questions (again)
    1. What is the deal with a knife to cut the night crawlers? Do you hack them up or what?

2. Besides a MN fishing license, is there any other license I need? As I’m not going into Canada.

Thanks for helping a new guy out. 8 days left, and I can’t wait. I’ve been planning this trip for the past 6 months.

Folke

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Folke, there are many little twists to sturgeon fishing. Some with cut crawlers into thirds then place them on a hook. With a little more flavor into the water, there could be a better chance of THE big one smelling it and a resulting hook up.

I’m guessing you’re asking about the sturgeon tag. The only reason a sturgeon tag is needed is if you’re planning on harvesting one. Not needed for catch and release fishing.

Besides your fishing license, all you really need to bring is your smile.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Bk is always trying to get Folke’s to fish in the nude. Don’t do it,its a little chilly up there this time of year.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I like my crawlers cut. Like Brian said I think it puts more sent in the water. YOu will be much happier cutting them with a knife than spending a weekend tearing them apart with your fingures. A small cutting board is much better than on the boat carpet to.

About 2 to 3 crawlers to a hook. Dont wnat to much or to little. To many crawlers on a hook and the hook point can get lost in them and miss sticking into the fish.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Quote:

Bk is always trying to get Folke’s to fish in the nude. Don’t do it,its a little chilly up there this time of year.

I got the pleasure of seeing that a couple of years ago. Dude fell overboard into the 35 degree water amongst the 100 boat floatilla out in the bay. Everyone was cheering for him, and next thing you know, he’s buck naked waving to everyone.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

A true Sturgeon Excursion Moment!

….and he kept on fishing.

Hey Mike! Dean has Worm Slicers at Everts! Two or three left if I recall. Much safer than a knife…and come in colors of the rainbow for people like Stuart! <zinger>

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I got the pleasure of seeing that a couple of years ago. Dude fell overboard into the 35 degree water amongst the 100 boat floatilla out in the bay. Everyone was cheering for him, and next thing you know, he’s buck naked waving to everyone.

I remember that one.
    The guy was going for the release of a nice fish and he just kept tipping right in….. like a beginner practicing his diving. I don’t think he let go of that fish till his head went under.
    I’ve never seen someone get out climb out of the water so fast.

It was a lucky break that they had a change of cloths so he could keep fishing.

folke2000

Sorry to disappoint BK, but I’m planning on keeping the clothes on….I can’t wait to feel the tug on my first sturgeon.

Once again thanks to everyone for helping a newbie out.

folke

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Make sure to plan on Wigwam on Saturday evening for the buffet and awards and such folke2000.

Wigwam is having the Shore Lunch on Friday too starting at 7 pm.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Beautiful fish BurBob. Wish I was going. I’ll try to plan on going next year with my brother Dave Ho.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

10-4 on the nice fish!

FIVE days and counting!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.