2010 Channel Pics…

• patfish

I got this one yesterday morning. I did not measure it, all I know is that it was very fat and very strong!

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Nice fatty-bo-latty!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

The last couple weeks have been lights out for channel cats. Very aggressive, lots of numbers, and some nice fish in the mix.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

I pulled this sad critter in last week on cut bait. It weighed 3 lbs, but looked like it should have been about 6. One eye and one whisker. It’s face looked like it narrowly escaped the jaws of a monster flat head. Probably the most messed up catfish I’ve ever hooked.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Nice fish DTRO!

Concerning pic 2…I see I’m not the only one that likes to flip off the camera

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

That fish sure looks rough SG.

patfish

Super nice Channel Cats! They have been biting like crazy in my neck of the woods too…

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

31×18

sanka

Now thats a nice fish!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Nice fish!

Here’s a goofy looking one I caught down at Evert’s a couple weeks back. Check out that goofy mouth!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Here’s one from Saturday night I have to post because it is so pretty. Cross posted from the MN River forum where I have the full report:

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

A few descent fish lately. 1.29×14 2.28×18 3.30×16
    check the gut on number two, pig!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice fish! You get them shore fishing?

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Nice fish! You get them shore fishing?

oh yeah, all from shore.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Didn’t I take all of those pix??? Notice how I’m not posting any pictures of fish in this thread…

Yup you took them but the only reason you aren’t posting pics is because you didn’t take photos of the 30 inchers you caught cause they weren’t “contest fish” you snob. lol

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Wow you guys… now that I’m back I really have to get out more!

BoatFever
    Madison, WI

I’ve never caught a channel cat before this year. First one was 18.5″ inches on Lake Mendota in Madison, WI. Since then, I’ve caught many more cats on Mendota while fishing for bluegill and walleye. The smaller one I caught on my bluegill rig – 4lb test mono, 5’6″ light rod with a slip float. My fishing buddy heard the drag screaming and just went back to fishing and said, “Let me know when you see your bobber again.” The larger one, I caught on Lake Wisconsin with a 4″ chub on a jig while fishing for walleye and sauger on 6# mono and a 5’9″ St Croix Avid medium light rod. Just a tip for any catfishermen in Southern Wisconsin – Lake Mendota is teaming with huge channel cats. I’m mainly a panfish guy, walleye second, but I have to admit, the cats I caught this year were the true highlight. I’m hooked – I love catching cats.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Let me know when you see your bobber again.

Classic!

That kind sums up why there are so many of us that hang here.

Those are a couple of Monster channels. Thanks for sharing!

BTW don’t tell Whiskerkev there’s channel cats in Mendota.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

There are no channel cats in Mendota. Especially none that I would stay out all night looking for. There would also never be a fish in Mendota that would turn a river rat into a pitch and chunk lake dude. These were actually caught elsewhere. I’d appreciate it if you would stop spreading unfounded rumors.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The secret big catfishery. Whatever the name of the lake is!

I think I like this pic the best Kev, you have that “catty” look about you and if you would squeeze just a little harder that cat would pop like a water balloon!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I liked that one too. That fish was an August fish. Fat from panfish I think. That was one of those see the boat and run like hell fish. She is still swimming.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

You forgot this one Kev…Ya hurt my feelings …….

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Where ever did you get that skinny catfish from? I guess it is better than most river cats but it doesn’t crack my top 100.

skeeterchad
    Eau Claire, WI

Caught this one with two hooks in its mouth. Broke me off in a snag then ate another minnow about an hour later about 40 yards away from where it bit the first time. Must of been hungry!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chunky one Chad!

You are going to be so disappointed when you land a 10 pound walleye after that one.

skeeterchad
    Eau Claire, WI

That’s why I bass fish by day, cat fish by night!

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

I guess this is actually a 2011 fish but…28″ on cut sucker in 13 f.o.w with current.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We can always count on you to pop a great cat picture up!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

BK – time to start the 2011 thread yet?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.