Red River trip next summer

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hi everyone. Some buddies and I are planning a trip to the mighty Red next summer and I was looking for input from those who have gone up there before. I would post in the ND Red River forums, but it seems pretty dead.

First, we want to get as far downstream as possible, but stay in MN or ND. Any suggestions on good resorts or motels that are set up for fishing? Even decent campgrounds would be fine.

What is the best time of year to go? Immediately post spawn? Anybody have a rough idea as to when that generally is up there?

Thanks!

chamre68
    Moorhead, MN

I am from Moorhead and you can contact Ed “Backwater Eddy” Carlson at Gander Mountain in Fargo, ND. He’ll be able to get you the info you want. If you want more info on another site with Red River info on it send me a PM.

Chris

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Try the grand Forks area in mid May to the End of June. Best bet for trophy fish. If you have any questions pm me and I will help get you going on a great trip

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

I will be posting information on just what you want (part of it anyway) but I have a couple of other posts I want to put in first because they will be important to what you do up there and how you fish. Just keep watching and you will have a lot of really good information for what you want to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.