Sturgeon Reports

• mr-special
    MPLS

Hello Everyone,

Long time no post ey. Sorry but between a kid, work, school, and moving. Fishing had to be put on the back burner, but not this wkend.

I’m planning on heading out Friday night, Saturday AM and Sunday AM. From the limited reports I’ve heard so far, the fishing has been slow like normal early season and it was a complete Zoo out there last wkend.

I usually fish the community hole in Bayport, but has anyone every tried south of 94? While white bass, I noticed some pretty nice looking breaks and holes in that area.

Just wondering how the fishing has been in the past week?

Thanks everyone and if you see a dark blue 16 ProV with a 50 yami, stop and say Hi

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Last year I had some good luck at Afton, just south the Marina, middle of the break about 30 feet of water. I have not been out this year yet but tomorrow its GAME ON STURGEON!!

mr-special
    MPLS

Good to hear and good luck

I was thinking more of the Lake St. Croix area.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Might want to check out “catfish bay”. But you didn’t hear that from me.

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Might want to check out “catfish bay”. But you didn’t hear that from me.

Is that north of catfish bar on the WI side of the river?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can think of two spots south of 94 not mentioned here and I dont even fish for them! I would probably get linched if I mentioned them here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well if it isn’t my old friend Mr. Phil!

I’ve fished the area once, but we only got 2 or 3 if I remember correctly. Although the one was 55″ (not mine). I am not real familiar with it being it was the one time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Is that north of catfish bar on the WI side of the river?

I’m not talking.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I can think of two spots south of 94 not mentioned here

I think they wanted to stay in the Lake St Croix Beach area.

Just a word of caution, if anyone plans on fishing the narrows in Afton or the Kinni…PLEASE have all your lights on, a spot light very close and someone always watching for in coming. Our little putt putt boats are no match for the cruisers that seem to not notice us.

mr-special
    MPLS

Due to other obligations I was only able to make it out Saturday morning, so I decided just to fish the Bayport area. It was a beautiful morning the water was glass, plus seeing the PMTT guys, I almost ran home to grab the ski gear. We only had 4 bites and boated one 31” fish. We fished from 36’ or 20’, the fish was caught in 26’ of water. I think it’s still too warm, the water temp was 74. Hopefully we’ll get some cooler weather and they’ll put on the feed bag for us.

I might sneak in a mid week trip if possible. Good luck everyone and keep the reports coming.

Hey pug,,, We’ll have to get out fishing this fall. Give me a buzz k.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.