Looks like its time

• Moores Bait

Now that the flats are bitting, its time once again for another contest. If the past weekend wasn’t enough of a reason to be out on a river.
    Contest to be held this saturday May 30th, from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am Sunday morning.
    Boundries will be:
    Mississippi will be from the Lower St Anothony lock down streeam to include all of pool two (Ford damn down to the Hastings damn).
    Minneasota river from The trussel bridge in Carver down stream to the confluence.
    The St. Croix river from Oceaola (sp) down to Stillwater,

A control item will be given out the night of the contest via the voicemail at the shop so bring a piece of paper and a maker with you.
    Entry cost is $10.00 per person, and must be done prior to close of business at the shop on the day of the contest.

The fees will cover the top two places for flatheads and channels.

Pictures with the control item must be submitted by 10:00am Sunday morning to this post. All pictures must not be altered in any way. Have a good time and be careful out there……..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was going to PM you and start to bug you about it. I thought maybe you were giving up since only I showed up to the end of the year celebration.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i just may have to give this a shot…

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

See ya this week Bob!

audemp
    Wi

Good luck! it should be a close one

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Good luck everyone!!

Jennie and I will be out somewhere, should be a good one

larry_haugh
    MN

This should be a fun one. Shamu and Flatcaster will have Rory with his new spiderman pole in the boat as acting mascot and luck charm…. though it won’t be a late one, we should be able to get business done…..
    Here is what happened last time we took Rory out for a Flathead adventure.
    Gocat (tony have your phone on mate)
    Rory’s first Flathead adventure with Shamu and Dad (Flatcaster)

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Roger that

Maybe we’ll see ya tonight, pretty sure we are going out of 169

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Bob! I wonder if we could get Jeff to kick in a “special” award if the winning cats were caught with a Team Cat Fish product?

Kind of what Skeeter Boat Center does…If you take first place in any tourney and are fishing out of a Skeeter…it’s an automatic $1000.00.

Not that I would expect Jeff to kick out a grand for fishing with a Double Action hook!

Just thinking really loud here.

Moores Bait

After last night my boat partner and I decided to go back to Bass fishing. We never did pre fish for the contest so we took our chances out there, and they didn’t pay off. We did manage to catch a 24″ channel so we could say we caught one. It had been over a year since we had last seen one, with guide trips included……

As always mixed reports are coming in this morning, so the pictures will have to tell the real tale of the tape. It was nice out there last night, but well past my bedtime…

Thanks for taking part look forward to doing it again next month…..with better results for us I hope……

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Channel was 30″ x 18″
    Flathead was 39.5″ x 25″

larry_haugh
    MN

Congrats to all that were in this one. Shamu and I had to back out… Need a little more lead time on these contests to get firm plan set.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I predict larry won’t win this one. Jake, nice fish.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wish I didn’t have to miss it as well. Nice fish there. I am making up for it a little this evening.

By the way, I see you named another control item after me Bob. I am coming up for bullies today…if you have any left.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I wish I was on the right pools.

Nice fish Jake!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

I predict larry won’t win this one. Jake, nice fish.

Quite the predictor we have here.
    Who did you put your money on that participated in this one?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Fun time for sure! The Cats weren’t cooperating like we had hoped but we did manage a 30.5″ Walleye and a 17lb Carp..

Note to boat-mates, listen to Pier when he tells you to bring warm clothing!….

Thanks Bob! you are the MAN!…!..

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

Our 2 best…

Channel 27 x 17.5

Flathead 36 x 23

audemp
    Wi

Here is the only fish of the night. 23 x 12.5

[image][/image]

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Do we have the final results of the Catfish divisions yet?

Anyway here is our Winning Bait-Fish “EYE” at 30.5″s and a personal best for my friend Kou and his Carp which weighed in at 17lb

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Beauty eye. You hold carp like Bk holds his walleyes. What is with cat fisherman??

Moores Bait

To finish what we started, here are the results of the first contest from those that submitted anything.

Flatheads-
    1st- Jake H…..
    2nd- Riverhog…

Channels-
    1st- Jake H…..
    2nd- Flaco651….

We would like to give a heads up to those others that we will be holding our next one on Saturday June 20th……We will post more about that soon……..

Congrats to Jake, Riverhog, and Ryan, hope to have another chance at winning here in a few weeks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Flatheads-
    1st- Jake H…..
    2nd- Riverhog…

Channels-
    1st- Jake H…..
    2nd- Flaco651….

Congrats Guys!!

larry_haugh
    MN

Jake with the Hot Stick….. Riverhog and Flaco…
    Way to go Mates…
    The bar has been set… Can’t wait to get in on the next one.

Moores Bait

The next one is right around the corner, this coming Saturday night…….Check out the post in tournament forums for catfishing.

“Team Moore” will actually be fishing this one, the brother will be in town this weekend to help net. Hope to see you out there……..

Moores Bait

The weekend is shaping up to be a good one, with a lot of familiar faces coming out to play this Saturday night. Thou I am usually home by midnight I may even stay out later this week, so it will be self serve on Sunday on that store……..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It looks like you won’t need your rain jacket anyway.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.