90+LB SNAPPER CAUGHT……HAND FISHERMAN BEWARE!

• team catfish
    Grove, Oklahoma

MASSIVE 90+ POUND SNAPPER CAUGHT ON 8/0 DOUBLE ACTION HOOK
    Big Sam White sent us this picture of a massive snapping turtle he caught this weekend……

Sam estimated the turtle weighed over 90 lbs. He added that the 8/0 DOUBLE ACTION hook had penetrated the jaw of this beast. WOW!

The fellas didn’t fool around with the angry turtle….They set him free with a souvineer……a 8/0 DOUBLE ACTION hook to remember them by! No one wanted to get their fingers by it’s mouth!!!! I don’t blame the fellas…….That thing could take off a your hand!

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Man that thing is huge, I wouldn’t get within 2 feet of that thing. I’m already missing 1 finger, I need all the rest . A couple years ago I had a big snapper hit a spinnerbait. He got a souvanier also. Dan

sipple31
    West-Central WI

wow thats a monster! Reminds me of one of those poor giant tortoises the little kids ride at the zoo. I hope a zookeeper never makes the mistake of putting one of these guys out there!!

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

That thing is HUGE!!… .. Any idea how old that old snapper might be???

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That thing is just wicked! Soup, anyone??? Mmmmmmmm

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have to admit, when I first saw the title of that post, I was a bit skeptical. Then when I opened it and saw the pics and where it was caught, I have no doubts the size of that thing. That Turtle is a dandy.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

What a giant!! Several years ago I was fishing a farm pond and seen a huge one over the side of the boat. I drug a new terminator titanium spinnerbait in front of it’s face and it hit. It snapped the hook in half. So much for my $7 spinnerbait.

shawnil

So what bait did it come on Jeff? Last snapper I took was on dip bait, of all things. Another souvenier was given out…

Shawn

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

i’ve seen some big snappers, but that is far and away the biggest one i’ve ever seen.
    my girlfriend hooked a huge one on dip bait a few years back and as i was trying to figure out how to, or if i wanted to, get him in the boat, it cut the line while thrashing one of its front legs.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That dude has a head on it like a tree stump

I’m in on the soup Ralph

rushing
    Mn

What an evil lookin beast!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No sense risking a finger for that little fella. I am pretty sure that isn’t going to hurt that beast. That would have been quite the site seeing that thing come to the surface.

I am curious. Did you post this in the sturgeon/cat thread knowing only we would appreciate such a catch? Or is it because you fear the reaction your user name might cause in different section.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

He is a big one, the biggest I’ve ever seen. He’d make alot of meals. Im sitting here thinking how I’d get him in the boat and keep him there,,,safely. I’ll bet hes got a 5″ to 6″ thick neck alone.

herb
    6ft under

It’s an alligator snapper and guessing in the range of 85 to 100 years old. Hard to tell since they can feed all year down south.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So your saying they are tough even in soup Herb?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I have to admit, when I first saw the title of that post, I was a bit skeptical. Then when I opened it and saw the pics and where it was caught, I have no doubts the size of that thing. That Turtle is a dandy.

Too bad you were not around with a filet knife! They would be “Eatin’ good in the neighborhood!”

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Turtles like that, I make sure there’s room for them at the dinner table…..Right next to the taters and beans. Even that big, they’ll fit in the roaster.

Yummy!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Mmmmmm, 80 years worth of toxins built up in that one.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Mmmmmm, 80 years worth of toxins built up in that one.

Only in the shell.
    They can’t get to the meat with all that armor!

That’s what I keep telling myself.

audemp
    Wi

That sucker looks like the kraken!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.