Sturgeon Contest… Who’s in?

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’m psyched for this weekend! The weatherman says the weather will be great(if he is wrong I am sending pug to live with him). The fishing has been consistant, and some bigger fish have been landed as of late. Its a great recipe for a good contest.

I will be there with Whisker hooked and Mr Keb in tow.

This would also be a great place to post for those interested and dont have a boat to fish from, a couple people may be able to find a ride.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hope you get your weather from Chikage Windler and not Paul “why the long face” Douglas.

Oh and I am most likely out.

blacksportsman
    Fridley, MN

I might be in. I’ll know for sure by tomorrow morning. I’ll check for open seats when I know I’m 100%.

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

I’m pretty sure I’ll be in this. Still not a 100% sure though.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Yep, the three amigos in the barge will be out there. Fish or no fish good weather or bad, I’m pretty sure we’ll be having a good time

Dave, I’m sure you learned a long time ago, the only weather report that is accurate is looking at the sky, and monitoring the radar. I don’t even pay attention to news weather anymore.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I’m in with a newbie of two…

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I am there…..Skipping a wedding in my wifes family

I might have an open seat but I am waiting to hear from a friend.
    Aaron

brandy
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

Aaron, you must have an understanding wife. Judging by some of the posts I’ve read on this site, there’s probably quite a few that wouldn’t let that fly. Did she say you better win?

Should be a good contest! I’ll see you all there!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

If someone has an open seat I’ll be in too. I’ll pay half the gas and landing fee if any to launch.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Aaron, you must have an understanding wife. Judging by some of the posts I’ve read on this site, there’s probably quite a few that wouldn’t let that fly. Did she say you better win?

Should be a good contest! I’ll see you all there!

She is very understanding most of the time. But……
    I’ve put up with alot of her crap. She went to Baku(on the Caspian Sea) for a month last summer while I stayed home and worked. So now is the time for payback……plus I told her the date before we knew the date for the wedding.

I have only gotten out once for sturgeon this season because she said no the last 4 times I tried. She leaves friday night for the wedding. Where will I be? I bet you can guess

And she accually never even told me I better win.

See you out there Wisker!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

I’ll be out out there!!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

I’m supposed to work…should I call in sick?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

…should I call in sick?

Why ask, you know the answer.

Ok, I might be in. Anyone have an opening that isn’t fishing all 12 hours??? Maybe like 6-8 hours? I am also trying to get one of my bros to go in which case I wouldn’t need to take up an open seat. I know, I am a fishing diva.

audemp
    Wi

pug also does not like wind or waves….

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

…or water, or touching bait, or taking fish off the hook..

audemp
    Wi

or casting, or reeling in, or not letting his girlfriend beat him in catching fish….

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Pug I wasn’t sure at first but you are definitely being Cyber stalked by Audemp….

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

I think my boatmates talked about breakfast on Sat. Don’t think details came out, but anyone up for breakfast at Bungalows say about 8am?

audemp
    Wi

Pier, Im just hoping pug will get out there and catch some fish. I hope someone is able to take him out to the croix and get him on some sturgeon.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

But I will pee over the side of the boat no matter if a big yacht or CO is driving by. That leads me to my other like and that is beer. So if you ake me, you don’t have to drive me to shore, or worse, a marina to clear things up.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Pug I wasn’t sure at first but you are definitely being Cyber stalked by Audemp….

I concur

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh be nice. I was with him when he caught his first flat. I believe it was 18#? Well since he’s gone sturgeon fishing, he has been convincing me that these guys are as good, if not a better fight.

Again another season is almost over and I have more regrets than good memories. I didn’t get out much, but the reason behind that will be revealed soon. No, I haven’t been building a house boat for the Miss/Mn either. Not to get all emotional, but there are a lot of guys I have fished with in the past who I haven’t in two years. That stinks. There are even some I haven’t fished with but I have gotten to know on here that I hope to fish with in the future.

Ok, maybe in. Thread officially unhijacked.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Life1978 – I sent you a PM.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Got it

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

I’m in…I think, as long as I can still register at Moore’s in the morning. I’ll get a late start so you guys will already have the big one already.

Anyway, VHF channel 69? Who has a radio in their boat?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Jon, if you are going to be at the weigh-in or even if not, I can run up and spot you the entry. I feel bad about not being able to take you up on the open seat after fishing, so to speak, for one.

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

No problem, PM sent…Very cool offer, I figured you lived a little closer than me.

I have a buddy that may fill the seat, so its all good. (I’ll know in the morning).

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Just got back from a little PREfishing. Really my buddy and I were womanless for the night so we got out. The bite picked up at about 8:30 pm None big or many but a good first trip for my buddy. Now it is about midnight and thinking I’ll be out in about 7 hours for more.

Good luck all!
    And watch the tuna boats out there only one upset me tonight so not too bad
    Aaron

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.