Wastewaterguru and aanderud Big Flat!

• ggoody
    Mpls MN

Wastewater teamed up with one of our newer members aanderud last night and wasterwater landed a quality fish in 40lb class.

I’m pretty sure thats the biggest flat out of aanderuds boat so far….

43×29….40 plus!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice to see Guru get a big one after helping everyone else get some big boys. At least I think that is your biggest pig so far? Beats losing a rod out of the holder. Nice fish Guru.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Alright!!

I thought for sure my txt said 43×31

Aanderud were there any “crazy” herons or CO’s around?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Congrats, you guys are on some fantastic fish

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

She’s a thick one!! Nice job

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Nice to see Guru get a big one after helping everyone else get some big boys.

No kidding…450lbs of Flats for his friends…

Great Job guys!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Way to go, John! That’s got to feel great.

aanderud

Lots of flying herons, tons of bats. Great night to be out there. Slow action at first, picking up between the hours of 12:40 and 2:00? If we didn’t have to work today we’d have stayed out much later, I think they were just starting to turn on. That fish hit at about 12:40. Biggest in my boat so far, man it was fat. Nice one WWG. I wish I hadn’t taken the scale out and put it in my walleye tackle box…I’m a hoser.

That fish bit on a fresh new cast, about 25 yards further than the previous one, and I don’t think it sat more than 3 minutes. That after a solid 2 hours at our second location, which came after getting 1 small 26 incher off our first location in the first 3+ hours. Good thing WWG gets all antsy and recasts a lot

david_scott
    Twin Cities

So.. did my spotlight shinig on you help take the picture?

Nice fish!

aanderud

Yeah, the spotlight was cool. Sounds like y’all hooked into a couple nice ones earlier in the evening! Nice. I can’t believe the weather nowadays. Last Thursday Marc and I were out and had a 30+ degree temp drop from boat launch to boat landing…86 to 54 or something. This stuff we’ve had lately rocks! No need for coats, pants, etc. Shorts, t-shirt, all the way through.

Speaking of spotlight, I need to remind myself to get a 12 volt lighter splitter because my dang spotlight and GPS can’t both be plugged in at the same time and the GPS light goes off after 15 seconds when it’s on battery power…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll take the 60 degree nights and pants! This heat stroke stuff sucks!

audemp
    Wi

Nice work fellas! Hey WWGuru is that your biggest? I would have a hard time believing that after the season your boat is having!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Techinally its his biggest this year but not a personal best.

As far as I’m concerned the Captain of the ship gets credit for all fish landed in his or her boat.

Last Friday John made me take a run on his pole which turned out to be a 38lber John and Fisher Dave are a lot a like they gather great joy/pride having their guest catch fish and both often hand over their poles/runs to others…

aanderud

John is very unselfish! He was trying actually trying to tell me on Thursday that I had to take the next fish that bit on that rod. I’m like “dude, I’m not setting a hook into any of your fish”. He was persistent, finally I said something like “if you don’t take it, I’m just going to be sitting here watching it while it runs your rig over into that huge snag over yonder”

david_scott
    Twin Cities

John is the best guy to ride along with on the MN river.. he knows every spot for a very long stretch of river, great insight, and has fished extensively with some of the other best guys on the river(for lack o a better term).

Great guy, and he has more knowledge of that body of water than most anyone… top that with lots of time on the water to keep on top of the bite… I dont know how anyone couldnt look forward to fishing with him at any time! The main focus is fishing and staying reasonably motivated.. but at no time do you feel frustrated on a dedicated fish hunt… or, an enjoyable fishing outing with good company that is most often productive, and always positive.

I’ll give wwg(John) credit, he has taught me a lot in the time we have spent on the water this year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He also told me he likes going all in with 7-2 unsuited. I got to get out with that guy!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

He also told me he likes going all in with 7-2 unsuited.

But he’s in posistion when he does….

Quote:

I got to get out with that guy!

Don’t mess with my action Pug!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That is another nicely marked and good sized flatty. How some people cannot see the beauty in a Flathead is beyond me!
    Great job on the catch

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Someone is going to have to get a houseboat that comfortably houses 9 people so we all can play cards and fish all night.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Someone is going to have to get a houseboat that comfortably houses 9 people so we all can play cards and fish all night.

Sign me up!

larry_haugh
    MN

If you guys stroke him any harder he’s gonna get a big head!!!! WWG is a good guy to fish with. Has a lot of knowledge. I will be the first to pop the bubble though….
    The mechanical failure… which I will attest to… though slight possiblility of operator error.. He thought the fish was not on the line…… I had the inkling that it might still be there. (He had an awesome hookset as the line balled up just off his spinning reel. )
    Handlining a 21lber into the boat while fun…. is not what I want to do on a regular basis.
    Guru you rock!!!! from one river rat to another…..
    Cant wait to get out with you again.

mr-special
    MPLS

Congrats WWG
    Good thing ya didn’t have to fight that one hand over hand.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Getting back on topic here in spite of this bad beat when I was a 95 percent favorite with pocket Jacks after the flop…. …I still WON my 5th straight floating River Tourney…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Try shuffling the cards when you break out a new deck!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

The deck is like a year old and we hadn’t even seen a King in the first 10 hands we had played.

I would not have believed it either if I didn’t witness it and lose money in the hand…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You lose to someone who had the 5th king?

wastewaterguru

Wow,

I am off the internet for a week or so and I come back to a post like this!!!

You guys have a way to bring tears to a guys eyes….

I appreciate the accolades. I guess I can start catching a few nice ones for myself once in a while.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You been in the boat all this time?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.