Catfish Dynamite by STORM?

• Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

I was watching a fishing show and they were having good sucess with this,does anyone use this?Also is it legal to cut up bullheads and use for bait?

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

i heard it was made by strike king

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It is ok to use cut up bullheads in MN.

I’ve never say never..because when I do…those dang fish don’t listen.

I haven’t had very good luck with channel cats on cut bullheads. Sucker, shad and mooneye have worked out better for me.

I started using Sonny’s Super Sticky stink bait last year and had very good sucess with it on Pool 4. I started using it in August when the temps were in the 80’s.

Took a non believer out and skunked him 5 to 0, with my largest being about 4 lbs. He was using cut sucker.

I have no experiance with Dynamite…wonder if we have any Cajuns on line?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I must have watched the same show you did I was not sure if it was a fishing show, or an infomercial

The stink baits seem to do better later in the year, but one never knows what will work on any given night. I just wish I could use that stuff without smelling it on your hands for the next week, doen’t seem to matter how hard you scrub

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Farmboy,

I use a spoon and have a towel handy. (You’re not ‘pose to use your fingers to put it on the hook! )

I do once in a while get some on my fingers when the jar gets low…but by wiping it off right away, it seems to keep the lingering oder down.

Of course I keep open jars throughout the house as air fresheners…so I could be a little bias.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

You told me before I needed to keep in in my mouth to keep it warm

I always try to put in on with something (stick, knife, whatever) but seem to always get some on my hands in the process, then I have to wipe my hands on my pants, then wear the pants for a few days, and all the sudden children run from me, the wife makes me sleep with the dog, and people start refering to me as “that guy”

Ohh well. Some day, maybe I will be held in high regard with the likes of Otis “Toad” Smith and other great catmen

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I buy that stuff by the bucket. It starts working here well now. Brent are you sure you’re smelling the stink bait? I try to keep a little of that citrus & pumice waterless hand soap on board. Little dab will do yah. Soon as you get that stuff on boat carpet your rig will smell like that forever more. I usually use a paint stir stick. If you are careful you can not get any spilled anywhere.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Sonny’s by the bucket. Never used that Dynamite stuff no reason to.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Brent are you sure you’re smelling the stink bait? I try to keep a little of that citrus & pumice waterless hand soap on board.

You know you smell bad when you start to smell yourself

I may need to try this SOAP thing you guys are talking about

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.