Posting this on the Behalf of Bob Moore.

• larry_haugh
    MN

This is Bobs Monster 22.8 lbs 34.5 length X 21 Girth.

If I can be the first.

Oooooohhhhhhh…. Aahhhhhhhhhh

NICE FISH MATE!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Nice fish Bob!

Now was that caught on shad?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

WOW!! Nice fish, Bob.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Like I said in the tourney post, that picture doesn’t do it justice. Bob isn’t as little as that picture makes him look.

And yes Bob, I do still remember you said you we were going to hit the river sometime. Sorry. My girlfriend will tell you I have a horrible memory unless it concerns fishing, the weather or hockey.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks Bob…you made up my mind to get serious!

22+ pounds in this area is HUGE!!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Like I said in the tourney post, that picture doesn’t do it justice. Bob isn’t as little as that picture makes him look.

I have to agree with you pug.
    I’ll be the first to cast a vote, and tell Bob to get the fishhooks out of his pocket and take his winnings from the contest and put it towards a digital camera.
    I had to chuckle when I crossed paths with them at 2:30am as they were packing up and talking about having to make the mad dash to walgreens to get the film developed.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Running to Walgreens.

I think this helps a little.

Still, with him all poofy with the layers of clothing, black background and the hood being on, I still believe that the fish would have been even more impressive in person. Not that it isn’t in the photo.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Wowsers! Where did that pig come from? What were you using? We need details!

Nice fish Bob!!

Moores Bait

I was fishing with MrKeb (Karl) down on the MN River, at the mouth of a feeder creek. Karl was using bullies, and I had a two inch shad steak on a 3/0 circle hook. We landed her at 12:30 am, which was the only fish we caught out of three bites. A special thanks to Karl for wading in mud and water that could surely sink a normal grown man . Because of the distance to hike in, we choose not to bring with us a net. So karl had to scoop her up on shore, only after first thinking it was a Flathead because of her size . Glad to say no apendiges (sp) were lost in her beaching.

audemp
    Wi

Thats one of them blues!!!!!!

Way to go on the sweet trophy of a lifetime Bob! Good work to you Karl!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Im glad this post came up, it lets us get a better estimate on a fish Chris(fisherB?) caught earlier this year in my boat.

Looks like Bob has to settle for 2nd place for the year.

Channel Cat

Not trying to steal Bob’s glory.. is a big channel, but Chris’s fish was a hair bigger, I wish we had the scale along to see the difference in weight over 1/2″ of length and 1″ of girth.

alan34
    MN

awesome fish bob. Good job.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Way to go Bob that is a nice cat!!

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Nice cat, Bob. I’ll be in to get bait in the morning.

Ben

rburns
    Wisconsin

Quote:

Im glad this post came up, it lets us get a better estimate on a fish Chris(fisherB?) caught earlier this year in my boat.

Looks like Bob has to settle for 2nd place for the year.

Channel Cat

Not trying to steal Bob’s glory.. is a big channel, but Chris’s fish was a hair bigger, I wish we had the scale along to see the difference in weight over 1/2″ of length and 1″ of girth.

For what its worth, Bob’s 34″ and 22.8 pound fish lands well above the regression line (but still within the extremes indicated) on the chart of Red River channel cats I posted here earlier.

However a 35″ fish doesn’t necessarily have to be heavier than Bob’s. My data show 35″ channels weighing anywhere from 16.8 to 23.5 pounds. With only 2 out of 25 being over 22 pounds.

Two totaly different rivers though, maybe the data does not tranfer to other population very well.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I guess I didn’t realize this was a competition. The thread is about Bob’s fish not chris’s. Again nice Cat Bob!!

Mrkeb
    Mpls, MN

Again, nice fish Bob! Glad I could be there to help with the landing of that beast. Well said Joe, I thought we were out for fun, not bragging rights. Jeeesh.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh God I hope we aren’t out for bragging rights!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

I guess I didn’t realize this was a competition. The thread is about Bob’s fish not chris’s. Again nice Cat Bob!!

Sorry about that Joe! It looks like someone else did some editing of their post.. because there was a *channel cat of the year from this area* comment made earlier by another member. That comment dissapearing really stuck my head on the chopping block.

Bobs Channel is a huge fish.. I commend him on the fish, with the comment that has now been edited from someone elses post.. what I said can only look wrong.

The fact is they both caught huge channels, and that makes 2 monster fish that came from a 15 mile radious around the metro.. They BOTH deserve bragging rights… even if someone catches a 30# channel tomorrow.

It doesnt make a difference what I say here, and I am not going to delete my earlier post.. the way it is now.. the only comments left are mine without the earlier post I commented to.. and it leaves me looking like an

My comments had no negative intent, although they dont look proper now.. nothing I can do.

Im at a loss for words, but I think I have expressed there was no questionable intent.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

All is good guys!

Dave was responding to my post in the Cat Tourny forum Which is here<<

RB was responding to Dave not having a weight.

I’m responding because when talking with Dave…yesterday(?) all he was yammering about was the size of Bob’s fish.

You guys want to give me some tips on trophy channel cats???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.