I Have never felt this much power before

• Flathead Fever
    robbinsdale mn

I ventured out to the Croix last night to try this sturgeon thing again. I was woke up from a nap when I felt a tap tap and hooked into a little guy (20in)or so. It was my first sturgeon YEA!!!. About 1:30 tap tap, set the hook and HOLY CHIT!!! I have never felt so much power from a fish in my life. I have my drag set at 20lbs and this thing was pulling it out as fast has he liked. I tried to stop the spool with my thumb but my rod started to go into the water and making little tick noises so I let it run some more. I fought it for about 5 min and could not gain any ground or wear it out. It got into the motor and SNAP gone. I was by myself and im a newbie so Im sure with more practice I will get better. Im hooked!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

They’ll definitely find any weak spot in your gear! Time to get back after it!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

It is better to have hooked and lost to have never hooked at all…..still makes a guy want to break his rod in half though. Good luck next time!

Flathead Fever
    robbinsdale mn

yeah I dropped a few F bombs and all the other boats around me didn’t really say nothing I think they knew I was pissed. I’m going out next weekend and I’m staying until I get one

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s called Sturgeon Fever. Glad you caught that!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You figured the F bomb piece all by yourself.

Nothing like getting manhandled by a fish.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

gotta love that drag peeling sound, music to my ears. youll get em next time for sure, and being a ‘newb’ shouldn’t matter either, my second time attempting with a good buddy I had the hot stick and pulled in six ranging from 20-43″

castgrills

If that was Saturday night, I was out there and heard you cussing. Lol.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

If that was Saturday night, I was out there and heard you cussing. Lol.

It might have been my brother. They probably heard him in River Falls.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.