New PB Sturgeon

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Took the father in law out sturgeon fishing last night and ended up catching my new personal best sturgeon. 58 inch long by 21 in around. Released to swim another day. Got out to our spot about 630 pm and tossed out my line with crawlers. and after 15 mins got the tap. Hooked in good on the first bite. Fishing from shore was sure different than the boat. fish ran me up and down the shore for 30 minutes before I got it landed. Caught on a Shakspear 7 ft tiger rod with Shimono Tekota 600 reel and 100lb power pro. Thanks for helping me set it up back in the day FisherDave and Bob Moore. And to Dave for teaching me how to catch these things. Every big fish I’ve caught to this day has been because of things I learned from you teaching me to fish.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Congrats! I like it when they have white bellies and dark bodies. Looks cool.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I got a flathead in that area a week and a half ago. Guess i should have put a 2nd line out with worms on it too. Nice PB!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats Life!

Dave has helped out more fisher people then carter has pills!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

I got a flathead in that area a week and a half ago. Guess i should have put a 2nd line out with worms on it too. Nice PB!

Nice Drop a line if you’re ever in the area and want to fish. I have a boat I can get out in also. But shore fishing has been good.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Congrats! I like it when they have white bellies and dark bodies. Looks cool.

Agree, that’s a sharp looking fish. Congrats!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Quote:

Quote:

Nice Drop a line if you’re ever in the area and want to fish. I have a boat I can get out in also. But shore fishing has been good.

Bout 100% certain i’ll be on the croix Friday 8pm through sunday afternoon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.