High Water is Coming

• pbitschura

More good news. 11.8 feet in La Crosse by next weekend. Tourism business should love that.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

My last couple of times out I had moved out of my high water spots and started fishing the main channel. Picked up a few nice channels and was starting to think we had a lock on some stable water conditions. Not to be, I guess. Looks like I better head back into the backwaters and back into my high water spots.

Here is the St Croix water level prediction from this morning – I’ve got a feeling it will be going even higher.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

NO,NO, We have been at or near flood stage all this season here at Davenport. I was hopeing to get in my first flathead trip by after the 4th of July. It was a long winter and spring, now still going to be too high and swift for another month.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Here’s the Minnesota River at Jordan, jumping up quick.
    Downstream from there at Chaska we had 2.66″ in last 48 hours

If per the forecast it hits the 26.8′, the Carver Co. Rd. 11/Scott Co. Rd. 9 road to the Bridge will close Thursday or Friday. If it continues coming up another foot and they’ll close Hwy 101 Bridge at Shakopee.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Steve you been catching many in the backwaters when its high, we were getting quite a few but haven’t fished for the last few days because of all the limbs etc. coming down the creek, the creeks were hot a few days ago and I think they are right now too, 50 to 100 lbs. a night, before and after midnight for a possession limit for two guys.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Lake Shelbyville is at 10′ over summer pool. They were dropping it an inch or so a day. Takes a whole bunch of water to drop 11,000 acres one inch. All this rain isn’t going to help those efforts. No way she’ll hit summer pool this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

More panfish, bass and notherns again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.