worn out catfishing reels

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

For Christmas I got a couple of Cabelas cards and I’ve decided to spend them on some reels that would be used primarily for channel cats to 30lbs. I like spinning reels. My last ones were Cabelas fishhawks or something like that. I don’t need fine reels. I need strong servicable reels with instant anti-reverse. 2500 series to hold as much 20lb braid as can fit. 50-60 bucks per reel is what I would want to do right now. and I really like a spare spool to come with them.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Shimano Sedona’s. Great reel $60. Mine have seen every condition you can think of. They should still come with a spare spool and can get them on a 2500 and even 4000 for the same price.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have a few of those already and I do like them but I’m constantly taking them off and putting them on my walleye rods. I have more rods than reels right now. Does anyone run the Okuma reels? I don’t want the baitfeeder function.

shefland
    Walker

What do you not like about the okuma bait feeder? I have one that I use on red river channels up to #30, outstanding reel. I have some heavy duty baitcasters but that okuma is my go to reel, but thats just my own opinion.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

One of my channel reels is an Okuma Avenger ABF 30. I like the bait walker feature. The reel works great for channel cats and St Croix sturgeon. I have it on an Ugly Stick “Catfish” rod.

nick-nutter

I have an ABF-65 that I run for channels, flats, and sturgeon. I love it. The non- feeder version will be no different, but I don’t see the point in not getting the bait feeder option personally.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I fish a lake mainly as most of you know. I can see the bait runner for river fishing but I am corking the vast majority of the time. I don’t want any buttons or switches that can ruin a hook set. I might get one to try it out. Has anyone ever run one of these? Cabela’s Pro Guide Spinning reel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.