Stolen Fishing Gear

• mr-special
    MPLS

To All My Cattin Comrades
    Tuesday night I got home around 1am after a trip to the MN. Wednesday morning at about 645 I woke up for my morning cig like normal.
    I walked out my back door to notice my side garage door was wide open, the light was on and a trail of my belonging leading out of my garage. As I walked into my garage I notice almost all my rods/reels were gone and my tackle bag. All in all 13 combo’s around the $1600, some that irreplaceable and some kinda hard to get items.
    There was no forced entry, so my guess is that my cousin left the door open or unlock and the light on. Plan and simple some people SUCK and if you give them an opportunity they will take it.
    Talk about an expensive lesson eh

I’m not posting this to scare nor would want anyone to go on a manhunt for me but if my fellow catters can maybe keep an eye out for some of my gear that would be great. So maybe with some luck we can catch’em.

I’ve made a list of some of my rods that aren’t too common.

One 7’6” Boss rod#4 w/ older 05/06 abu C700
    Two 8’6’ Storm ThunderStick one w/cabelas 50series saltstriker reel the other with an Abu 104 series spinning reel

Three 8’ KingKats one w/ and 80series saltstriker w/ baitfeeder, one with a 55series saltstriker w/ baitfeeder and one with an antique Penn 702 reel “which was handed dwn to me from my cousin, which before him from his uncle. Its been in the family since the 70’s”

Thanks in advance

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry to hear, Phil. That just plain sucks.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I hate reading these posts. I’m sorry that you have to go through this.

My garage was broken into two years ago. I still occasionally think about how awful it made me feel to lose a whole bunch of great gear.

File a police report. Watch craigslist. I hope you have insurance.

For those of you who haven’t experienced this nightmare: take pictures of your stuff, keep receipts on big ticket items, and have a conversation with your insurance agent to confirm that you have the coverage you need. Some agents have a hard time understanding that you actually have that much money invested in fishing gear. I carry a rider on my homeowners and my boat insurance policies to make sure I don’t lose it all in a fire, etc.

My garage now has a camera in it. Money well spent if you ask me. Just the satisfaction of getting the scumbags caught would be worth a lot to anyone who has had this happen to them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not ripping on your choice of rods, but this guy/people isn’t a fisherman. It’s not like that type of gear is in high demand and should show up with a quick twice per week google search.

It sure sucks though.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Sorry to hear that man, that seriously sucks.

Hope you or fellow sportsman, not the Police
    & the scum bag/s.

mr-special
    MPLS

Thanks guys,

no worries BK i understand what you’re saying. they’re probably just gonna try to pawn it off or sell it for dirt cheap.

they did also take some ski combos that are fairly common, but im hoping “longshot” that being uncommon combo might actually stick out and maybe get my gear back.

i did file a report and not sure if i wanna make a claim cz my deductible is kinda high. but i’ll be watching CL and local pawn shops

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sorry to here that. Had the rods cleared out of my boat a couple of years back. It sucks.

John. What type of camera do you have set up? Maybe I need to get a trail cam set up for mine.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Man that sucks, hope you find the douche bags and them; I doubt it would teach them a lesson but some people just need a good one.

BBKK
    IA

BK is right, most likely this guy doesn’t know the difference between your rod and Shakespeare ugly sticks. They are just fishing poles. Check the pawn shops and shops that sell second hand fishing gear, and check craigslist for any listings that just say “fishing gear”.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

The timing of the heist would to me indicate someone who saw you come home. Got any neighbors who are dirtbags? file the claim. You could get some nice ugly sticks instead of the king kats..

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

The feeling you get in your stomach after something like this is almost indescribable. I left all of my gear in the truck years ago and the wife took it to work…last time I saw my stuff. Set back about $700, so maybe not as bad as some of you folks, but that was my biggest investment at the time. The worst part is all of the ” I shoulda’s”. Hope you find the dik!

stuart
    Mn.

Hope if they try to use them, first cast is a hook in the eye.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Some people are so low you wonder why they are not a snake. Hope you catch the scumbags.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Dude… that really freaking sucks. I’m sorry to hear and I will def keep an eye out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.