Another off the Bucket List

• mr-special
    MPLS

its not a cat, but since most of my fishing buds are Katter’s i decided to post it here.

last wk i was dwn in FL, fishing an inlet on the Atlantic and finally landed a Snook. ive hook up on plenty in the past but nvr got one to the net.

had a few more on the caught off including, one that broke me on a dead run. settin the hook on a Snook, is like settin the hook on a 12′ lund with a 25hp johnson, esp in current
    they can strip 100yrds of line off within secs and the endurance of a triathlon

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

That’s awesome dude! Feel free to post pics of any other crazy ocean fish you caught down there!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s a dandy one!!

No Sail Cats yet?

HEY WHERE’S THE SMOKE?? LOL!

mr-special
    MPLS

Actually i have caught sailcats and the regular cats, but half the time theyre more of a nuisance. sorry i know i should be punished for sayin that but they kinda are just bait stealers.

but i have cuaght sum nice reds, stingrays and a variety of sharks

heres a few pix from my previous trip

28″ red

a big stingray
    keep in mind the drop net is 46″

stingrays fite like a big flat boatside but stick to the bottom more and longer

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

That’s a dandy! Congrats!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Running them through the Hobart after cleaning them? LOL!

My guide wasn’t too happy when I would catch a sail, but I had a hoot. We weren’t keeping, just catching. A tug with whiskers always puts a smile on my face.

Using shrimp?

mr-special
    MPLS

ur rite bud, anytime ur fishing is good and anytime ur catchin is even better.

we use a variety of baits. shrimp is an all around bait, but cut fresh mullet or live, live greenbacks, squid, bluecrabs, or lures as well. my snook was caught on a 1oz red/white hairjig.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Them are some great pics, thanks for posting. What inlet were you fishing?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Frick’en cool Phil! Isn’t that a much bigger than average sized Snook too?

mr-special
    MPLS

i was fishing sebastian inlet, probably one of the best places for big fish. ive caught almost every species there and they all seem bigger then most places on the atlantic.

hey pug,
    im not sure if thats bigger then normal but ive seen a fair share of them bigger and smaller. i lost one probably about low40’s at the net that nite as well.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.