A successful shore outing…

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

So in spite of my best efforts to the contrary, I wasn’t able to work out a ‘toon ride today… but we did venture a bit further from home and hit one of the St Croix tributaries in my wife’s old stomping grounds.

We did well… several major clicker runs, Scary Jeff landed a PB sheephead (4.7 lbs) and I pulled in a channel that ran 27×15 for 7.8 lbs. Not a new PB but def a fun catch. He’s in the fridge waiting for a blanket of my super-secret catfish breading and some hot oil.

NOM.

We normally only fish Metro rivers, 99% the Miss. We’ve hit the ‘Croix a few times, but we’ve never really ventured too far beyond those two rivers. So this was a new experience. And I was honestly impressed with the fishing.

But the mosquitos got so bad at one point that I felt like the Brave Little Tailor… I got 7 with one blow! A campfire did the trick to mellow the bugs out though.

All in all, it was fun, and I’d consider it a very successful day on new water.

shawnil

Nice report, that was a pretty good sized drum and nice channel cat…

Quote:

…the mosquitos got so bad at one point that I felt like the Brave Little Tailor… I got 7 with one blow!

BLT – there’s a blast from the past…for anyone not familiar, BLT is a classic Disney short!
    Brave Little Tailor

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Scary Jeff hasn’t changed much. He’s still scary with that Heavy Duty stringer in the sheeper.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Yeah, I told him to lip it for the shot, but every time he tried to lip the fish it would flop, he’d jump, finally he’s like “Dude, just take the $%&^ picture.” lol

Maybe I should start calling him Scaredy Jeff instead?

I know, not fair to pick on the guy in his absence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.