Channels through the ice?

• clicker

I know the chain of lakes is the most popular area to catch cats through the ice. I am looking for something closer near the metro area. Anyone know of any lake or ponds with a good amount of channels in them?

I am looking for less then an hour drive from the Eden Prairie area. If you do not want to share your insight publicly you can send me a message.

I have never fished for cats through the ice and would like to give it a shot with out making a 2 hour drive to do so.

Any and all tips welcome.

Thank you!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey Clicker. I know Crooked Lake in Anoka County has channels, as do a few others.

A neat trick is to go to the DNR Lakefinder: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html

Scroll down to the stocking reports and select ‘channel catfish’ and the county you want to look at, and a year. That’ll at least tell you what lakes were stocked. Then you can click on the lake report and get an idea of the size and numbers that have been most recently surveyed.

Hope that helps!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Whitefish chain or Richmond Chain ? Horseshoe is only about 1 hr from EP ??? Lot’s of kitties there…

clicker

Ive done all the research, stocked numbers are one thing. The gill net surveys are another. when you compare them some odds don’t look that great!

clicker

Well I tried a couple metro cat lakes. I guess you could say I caught a bunch of bait

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.