2012 Flathead Catfish Photos

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Good luck with that phigs, Anybody who chooses fishing spots based on pictures isn’t much of a fisherman. Or at least one that wants to have the satisfaction of figuring things out on their own.

Bk told me to post this.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

This little cutie bit on a crawler this afternoon while I was fishing for shovelnose.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Loose lips sink ships, and pics on the internet get unwanted people showing up…

But i do appreciate others posting pics. i now have the above mentioned one printed, and will find it the next night i’m out on P2.

Thanks Ryan!

Good luck with that. Unless you are in the spot on the spot you won’t catch a thing. What kind of boat do you have? If I see you out there I’ll show you where it is. Hahahahaha!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Can’t we all get along? We are cat guys, we are supposed to support each other.

Sorry about my post Phigs. When I have a few drinks my joking sided turns a little ugly. I am sure I thought it was funny last night.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Good luck with that phigs, Anybody who chooses fishing spots based on pictures isn’t much of a fisherman. Or at least one that wants to have the satisfaction of figuring things out on their own.

Bk told me to post this.

i get the satisfaction of figuring out where you were fishing, and in half of the time.

Win Win in my book…

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Good luck with that. Unless you are in the spot on the spot you won’t catch a thing. What kind of boat do you have? If I see you out there I’ll show you where it is. Hahahahaha!

the picture will get me in the general area, my electronics will help me find the “spot on the spot”…

wouldn’t be the first time i’ve done it, and won’t be the last either.

talk to Dr Flathead about me finding a spot based on a pic and the outcome it had for him…..PB….

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Can’t we all get along? We are cat guys, we are supposed to support each other.

Sorry about my post Phigs. When I have a few drinks my joking sided turns a little ugly. I am sure I thought it was funny last night.

no apology needed, i never take anything personal on an internet forum.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

the picture will get me in the general area, my electronics will help me find the “spot on the spot”…

wouldn’t be the first time i’ve done it, and won’t be the last either.

talk to Dr Flathead about me finding a spot based on a pic and the outcome it had for him…..PB….

Wow! I’ll make sure NOT to post anymore pictures on IDO. I think I may be done with internet fishing forums.I want nothing to do someone who poaches spots and then boasts about it. Not worth it.

blakeb
    MN

Phigs, no need to hunt for the spot i can just tell you where it is, Dr flathead knows this one too, and its really two spots on a spot if your fishing it right. Hasnt ever ended in personal best for me but good fish for sure… Pm me if your into some sunken ships…

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Great way to show off that spot over a small flathead. pictures taken as far as 180 degrees to the right and it wouldn’t be noticeable.

If I took the picture 180 degrees to the right every single person who saw the pic would know exactly where the fish was caught.

If it’s such a great, unknown spot, why is it that nobody ever fishes it? I’ve fished the spot for the last 3 years and I have a buddy who has fished it for like 10 years. We see maybe 3 or 4 random people fish it every summer, and usually not for flatheads.

If you know exactly where I was fishing, then good for you.

Also, rather than knocking the pictures I take, why not post some of your own?

OUCH!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Wow! I’ll make sure NOT to post anymore pictures on IDO. I think I may be done with internet fishing forums.I want nothing to do someone who poaches spots and then boasts about it. Not worth it.

TC, there are hundreds if not thousands of Phigs out there. The only difference is Phigs posted it in a public forum while others just don’t say anything.

There’s always the takers of information that don’t understand or aren’t willing to share they’re information/tips/photos and there’s the folks what want to see the sport grow and help others grow in the sport.

Each person decides who they are going to be and there’s not much a person can do to change their mind (either way).

Personally I try to take a photo so that the background doesn’t give away the location. I seldom worry about the people that post in this forum since most are good stewards of the resource. Yes, even Phig’s in his trolling is a catch and release cat guy. It’s the lurkers that never post and just take information that concerns me.

The whole “my spot” way of thinking is BS in my book. It’s our river, our spots and our fish.

It’s my hopes that this thread will get back to it’s intended use soon.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

Wasn’t this thread something about pictures of flatheads?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Can’t we all get along? We are cat guys, we are supposed to support each other

The bigger “cat guys” we get the more we tilt toward the Muskie-ism way …

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Cedric gets a 31 pounder for his first flat of the year…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

She’s a pretty on Cedric! Congrats! You are on the board!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nice fish Cedric!

moosemj
    Fox River, NE IL

A beauty indeed!

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I’ll let TCCat post the real pics. Here are a couple cooler pics I took last night after TC roped in this 39LB flat.

Baby Blue Eyes!

44×25 – Awesome Fish TC!

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Dan – hope you dont mind. Awesome fish!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Very nice! Minnesota River?

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

P2

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

P2

Phigs, quit lurking.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

P2

Phigs, quit lurking.

I definitely don’t mind that you posted it. I probably wouldn’t have done it myself because of the above mentioned.

lisak
    Red Wing, MN

yay! nice fish!

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

40 pounder – hit early last night.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Great looking Flathead!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Very nice flathead! From what I am seeing on the web now, things are really heating up and so far, no battle wounds, so we should have a pretty normal June I think. Now is the time to get those big girls.

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Not sure if this counts as a battle wound or escaped predation, but I don’t think the spawn is too far off:

palolo

Holy that’s a Monster and a half..

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.