Tagged flathead

• katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

So this weekend we were out on pool 2 and my brother caught a tagged flathead that was probably a couple years old. Now I havering questions about this.
    When I went onto the dnr website to enter it and it seems a tad but difficult to get the right location of where it was caught, it’s some state map with a big circle that doesn’t zoom in. I have the coordinates of where it was caught. Is there an easier way like calling them? And also will they lete know where it was tagged how far it’s traveled and stuff like that?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just shoot Joel and email with the vitals to [email protected]

He’ll take care of you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ps Congrats!

katmando

Thanks for the info and the congrats bk,
    It was a good weekend to be on the mighty Mississippi boated alot of flatheads and got one of my buddy’s who is a flathead virgin a few of em and he is now hooked and converted from muskys to the dark side

I hope next weekend is as good!

katmando

I got some on my iPhone and my computer crashed that’s why I made that post earlier about gettin pics from an iPhone to ido but I don’t think its possible unless I email them to myself then put em on from a computer. But the hackers locked up my email too so I got to make a different one

katmando

I’ll email them to a buddy and he’ll get em up there for me

P.s. I’ll post the results of my findings about the flatty when Joel gets em back to me

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Congrats on the tag. The ol miss sure has been good for numbers this year. We got a tagged one about a month ago and learned it wasn’t tagged very far from where we caught it. From what I gather joel has a bunch of tags swimming around now.
    I’m surprised the fish are still biting over there. From what I read august is no good for the miss and most travel to smaller yet productive waters such as the mn river

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

“It’s really not meant as a slight toward Buddhism at all,’’ said Joe Ciaramitaro, who runs the blog that broke the story and co-owns Captain Joe and Sons Dock, where the boat and several others offload their catch. He also runs Captain Joe and Sons Wholesale Lobster Co. in Gloucester. “We’re just having fun.’’

It’s all fun and games until karma sinks you ship and your men become lobster food.

jstiras

I’ve been out of the office all week. I will hunt down the info on your tagged fish on Monday.

Joel

katmando

No joke Joel we just boated the same fish one week later exactly and about the same time ol 92512 he’s only got one eye and a cut fin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The cut fin might be from when the DNR aged him.

You two are getting to be buddies!

katmando

Quote:

Just shoot Joel and email with the vitals to [email protected]

He’ll take care of you.

Haha I know it I just wish he was bigger instead of the 28×14 size he is now. But if I guess I just keep catchin him throughout my life he mat be bigger

jstiras

I just replied to your email with the specifics about that fish. Was 8 years old when I tagged him in 2010. Just shoot me the particulars about the dates you caught him. That’s crazy you caught him a second time. Is the first tagged fish to be caught twice. Obviously you released him the first time!

Joel

katmando

We were shocked ourselves right when we netted him and seen he had a tag in his back we knew it was the same fish by his size. When will he learn that eatin a bullhead gets him hooked he must not leave his honeyhole of a log jam or something. My guess is there isn’t any real big ones to shoe him awAy we have put lots of time in on that jam and the bigges we caught wAs a 35×20 and lots of others in that 5 to 10 lb range

jstiras

Quote:

No joke Joel we just boated the same fish one week later exactly and about the same time ol 92512 he’s only got one eye and a cut fin

Forgot to add that the cut fin was from us. We use that to estimate tag loss and we used the fin clip for genetic screening. That fish was missing his left pectoral spine too so we could age it. We don’t take spines on all the tagged fish, just a sample of them to get an overall idea about the entire population without taking the time to remove and process hundreds of spines.

peluf009
    Ramsey, MN

Here the pic of the tagged flatty (on the left)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Welcome to Ido GotClicker!

Thanks for leaving the tags in the fish.

katmando

Mr got clicker is my little brother I finally convinced him to join ido instead of just trolling around it

peluf009
    Ramsey, MN

Here is a couple more pics of the same fish caught a week later, in the same spot at almost the same time of night. One with a close up of the tag. Good ol’ blinky.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.