Noodling

• vern
    Richfield, MN

Hey! Anyone ever try noodling for cats? That’s some crazy stuff when those guys are digging around in those hollowed out logs and grabbing big flatheads by hand. You never know what’s down there. It’s like catfish wrestling when they grab one. The last show I saw had these guys filling there boat with big flatheads & blues. They were pulling them out of barrels that they had submerged days before. They were standing in about 4 feet of water and feeling around in these barrels for cats. They would get ahold of one and flip it over the side of their jonboat. It wasn’t that easy though. One guy got bit! Interesting show, but pretty sad to see them killing all those big cats. They had a bunch of 40+ fish. So has anyone ever done this? Vern

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

That is cool to watch! I tried to get Mavzer to do it. I told him I’d hold the boat real steady and help him and the cat in but he chickened out. I’m sure its illegal in MN like everything else is. Land of 10,000 regulations.

carp chaser
    Twin Cities, MN

I’ve seen that same show vern, you’d have to be crazy (or stupid) to do that imo, since getting bit by a big cat is only one of the dangers. What if there was a 100 pound snapping turtle in that hole? Say goodbye to your hand. Or maybe a water mocasin, muskrat, or other critter that will be more than capable of defending itself. What if there’s a giant cat that pulls you down into the deep and you drown? The risks outweigh the rewards imo but it is entertaining to watch.

By the way, how’d you like that last big flathead they pulled out? It nearly broke that guy in two.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Hey Carpchaser! Very risky stuff for sure. That last fish looked like it weighed 60 pounds! I was hoping somebody here would have some crazy noodling stories, but I suppose Dirk is right, it’s probably illegal in Minnesota. It’s a southern thing I guess. Vern

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I hear that dirk plays with HIS noodle. Does that count as noodling?? or is that called something else…

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Thats a little below the belt Mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Mavz, please tell me you MEANT to say POODLE!!!!!! T.M.I. LOL! After comments like “cool to watch” and “tried to get Mavzer to do it”, I just don’t wanna know!!! LOL!!

Do you s’pose he ever got bit? :O)

Edited by Stillakid2 on 08/22/01 09:17 PM.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, that’s called diddling. Two totally different things. Both of which are probably illegal in conservative Minnesota. One involves trying to wrestle a monster cat with one’s bare hands, the other……

Nevermind.

The game warden would probably give you a ticket for one…. and shoot you on sight for the other….LOL

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Big Grins!!!!! LMAO!

carp chaser
    Twin Cities, MN

I admire your bravery Chris, what’s the biggest fish you’ve pulled out or have seen noodled?

vern
    Richfield, MN

I kinda figured you might have done some of this Catdad. I’d love to hear more about it. Vern

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.