FTR Cat tourney

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Great News. We have got the Ok to run 2 additional tournaments. One for Cats and One for Bass. Here’s the “Catch”

It was too late in the game to get additional tourney permits. After discussing the situation with the DNR we came up with this compromise. Contestents in the Cat and Bass catagoy will be limited to the first 29 people of register. The 29 is important. No permit is required if the number of contestents remains under 30.

So we will have a total of 3 seperate tourneys. Walley/Sauger, Cats and Bass. We have a permit for the walleye/sauger event and can have up to 80 participants. Again, the Cat and Bass side will be limited to the first 29 who register.

Now, I need some help!! How do you cat and bass guys/gals want to determine a winner?? I’d like it to be a one fish contest like the walleye side. Do you want to weigh in? Measure length? I know some of those cats get a heck of a lot bigger than a live well !! Send me a private with your ideas and I’ll make something official.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

does that mean that us catmen can start at midnight on the 25th…. you know catmen are nocturnal…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Mavzer,

As long as the other catmen go along with the idea, sounds OK to me. I could really use your help putting together the Cat tourney. How would you like to see this thing run? Start/End times? Weigh in, Measure or Scouts honor, photo proof ??

Shoot me a private with your ideas. I really need the help.

Thanks,

J.

bigtime
    North Carolina

I would be down for either day or night. If we did a tournament based on biggest fish though we should have two seperate catagories, one for flatheads and one for channels. If we were to pair anglers competreing against one another we could have the winner based on length, since a competeing angler would be measuring the fish. I look forward to fishing in the tourney fo cats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.