Why you shouldn’t fish alone

• mudcatkid
    On water

…this past weekend i hit the water with my one-man cat wranglin’ bregade of me, myself, and a few voices that seem to follow me everywhere. Friday night Eye-Guide ran into me on thier way in, at this point, i had NO fish, just a few missed fish to help shrink my ego. (EG- It didnt hit me until after u guys left that Corey was in your boat….i used to work with him at 4seasons way back when. ..lol)

anyways……. i got ancy so i started to move around and put some miles on my boat under the darkness. eventually i found a spot that produced some fish. in 2.5 hours i had 5 fish landed and several missed. then the sun came up and i went home.

the first pic is when i had a catfish 3some. Two flatties at first…an 11#, 17# at the same time (hard to reel in 2 fish) when i got them both landed and had alot of untangling to do so i tossed some cutbiat over board…with in minutes i had a little channel cat landed.

here are the three (sorry for the CRAPPY pic…the camera view finders are busted so i have to guess shoot…the other cat is at the bottom of the pic )

another big guy 30 minutes later

the biggest of the night…..36lbs:

sorry for all the inserted images..it may take a while to load the thread.

mudcatkid
    On water

a different night:

19#

and 29#

i am hesitant about my scale cuz sometimes it reads 29 lbs then it reads 14 lbs on the same fish…it has been dropped, thrown, sumberged, and lost several times….so i FINALLY baught a new one that will probabyl last a month….

mudcatkid
    On water

biggest one from saturday night…. 22#s…with the NEW Rapala scale.

9 1/21 rod bending…….yeehaa!

and some nice c-cats from various times.

mating snappers!!!!

mudcatkid
    On water

i am starting up a night time pizza delivery for those who like thier food….like me!

your common nighthawk flying around!

mudcatkid
    On water

this was mid May when i was still at school…… but i actually had a fishing companion to take pics..lol

mile832
    MN

Those are some great fish Mudcatkid. Three fish in the boat by yourself is awesome! You must have been going nuts in the dark.

P.S. I may order some pizza next time I’m out. Will you deliver on Pool 2?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

In that first picture, it looks like you’ve got one right-handed and one left-handed reel???

mudcatkid
    On water

Quote:

In that first picture, it looks like you’ve got one right-handed and one left-handed reel???

DING DING DING………..WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k………… yr right. I prefer lefty reels. I can fight a fish much better with the rod in my right hand, but i happen to come across that other standard right handed Penn so i use it also.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish there Mudcat… My wife was thinking of pizza tonight..what channel are you running on?

You could make some money on that…need a liquor license though…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Nice not seeing you!
    I would have stayed out later, but the young kids…Corey and Joe…were crying about having to work at 8:00 AM on Saturday morning.
    Great pictures! Maybe that will get those guys to stay out later!
    Tuck

mudcatkid
    On water

Quote:

Maybe that will get those guys to stay out later!
    Tuck

naw………….. stay home. the need thier beauty sleep.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

j/k………… yr right. I prefer lefty reels. I can fight a fish much better with the rod in my right hand, but i happen to come across that other standard right handed Penn so i use it also.

I figured it was too good a deal to pass up, but it’s worth asking. About half the time when I spot something in a picture it turns out to be some little ‘trick of the trade’ that I hadn’t thought about. It’s amazing how much the little details impact fishing success.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

so i take it your in town again, so when are you gonna take me after some mudcats? I got my stuff all ready

corey_waller
    hastings mn

aw come on tuck. we are still rookies!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just jokin’! I got to sleep in Saturday, so I can cock off!
    Next time, it’s an all nighter!
    Tuck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.