Catch the Fever MH for Mississippi River flatheads?

• dairycat

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to use this rod? I just bought a Whisker Seeker heavy casting rod. Looking to get a few more rods like it. Just trying different brands. I’ve heard CTF rods in MH are similar to the heavy WS. I need a few heavier but not broomstick-ish rods. Softer tip but good backbone. Thanks in advance.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My favorite flathead rod:
    okuma evx musky 861H-tb

Sorry I haven’t tried whisker seeker

This is a good slow loading rod that’ll throw any bait big or small. Really it performs this task better then most rods I’ve played with.

dairycat

Thanks FBRM! Do you use circles with that rod? Tip soft enough to see bites?
    Thanks

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Thanks FBRM! Do you use circles with that rod? Tip soft enough to see bites?
    Thanks

I use circles or J’s. Depends on how im fishing.
    See bites. Absolutely.
    I doubt you would be disappointed with this rod. I recommend this rod for sturgeon also so they pull dual duty for me.

The slow loading is perfect for circles, but I’ll also fish suspended baits like a 1/2 LB jig with a 10″ sucker too. Truly a rod rated for 1 oz up to 8 oz. I don’t want a different one that’s for sure!

I went indepth on exactly why I love those rods in a sturgeon thread once upon a time.

dairycat

Will do! Seems like a rod that would be perfect for everything

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.